• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows security These files can't be open

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

noname2001

Oct 13, 2015
Hello
This is my 1st post. Hope I follow all the forum rules.

I'm using windows 10 pro. Downloaded MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM + Activator [TechTools.NET] but when running the installer i get:
"Windows security
These files can't be open
your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened."

I googled for answers but have not resolved the issue.
Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you
Dave

I had the same problem trying to start the installation from setup64.exe or setup32.exe You have to start it from the setup.exe. I suppose you get the following message: "The system cannot find the file specified." This error appears when the file path is more than 255 characters. The installation I downloaded had archive with long name. When extracting that archive with the same name you got another nested folder with long name. So the solution is to rename the folders in something like office2016 and then you will be able to start the installation.

I can't believe it was that easy... I've spent most of my morning trying to get over this... But thankfully I found this post... SO YES, you just have to rename one folder, or as I did, cut and paste in the desktop the extracted folder, so the file path isn't that long...

Who has this issue is probably because they extracted the folder in the same folder where the torrent downloaded, and used the same name for the folder... That made the path extra long

After the folder issue got solved, installation and kmspico worked like a charm. Hope it works to someone else :eek:k:

Hi, did this solution help anyone? Im still not able to open any file due to the abovementioned problem. please help.

Wow. helped me too.
The culprit was the long file name.
After moving the installation files closer to the drive root everything worked like a charm.

Microsoft Office PRO Plus 2016 v 16.0.4266.1003

<r>Microsoft Office PRO Plus 2016 v 16.0.4266.1003<br/>
<br/>
I am trying to get the Product Key Code for the item that I downloaded from here.<br/>
"Microsoft Office PRO Plus 2016 v 16.0.4266.1003" I did have some problems downloading but it is working however it only contains a partial Key Code. Is there any chance that you may have any information on how to get the Product Key Code? <E:mad:</E> <br/>
When I get this Product Key Code and this works, I will be making a healthy contribution but I would really like to get this working. I did have Office Pro Plus 2010 and went to reactivate it and Microsoft said there was a problem with the Key Code even though I had registered it in my name I new it would be a long time before I could get it straightened out. I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you. <E>:beer:</E> <br/>
<br/>
Harley Rabbit</r>

Back