• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows Security?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Is it just me or has Windows Security (formerly Defender) become a resource hog? I don't use it for most of my systems, my Webroot subscription expired and I have yet to reinstall it back on this system.
It might just be with compressed files but it completely hobbles the system trying to run Multipar or Winrar to extract. Is this over paranoia by Microsoft?
What are other members experiencing lately as this seems to be something relatively new. This system is no slouch and should be slowed down by these tasks normally.

Is it just me or has Windows Security (formerly Defender) become a resource hog? I don't use it for most of my systems, my Webroot subscription expired and I have yet to reinstall it back on this system.
It might just be with compressed files but it completely hobbles the system trying to run Multipar or Winrar to extract. Is this over paranoia by Microsoft?
What are other members experiencing lately as this seems to be something relatively new. This system is no slouch and should be slowed down by these tasks normally.
It's just you, My windows security is working fine. Consider installing Avira.
This new version of Avira will let you mine crypto like Norton a few months ago.

I do not use it. First I always disable it. Because it eat good apps.. If I use something than it is Comodo.

Back