• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows Transfer

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

boyyo1809

VIP Donator
Aug 27, 2015
So here is the fun for today. I don't want to get into a rehash of why windows got rid of easy windows transfer so lets eliminate the convo of why it isn't available anymore right off gate :D. My question is however can windows easy transfer still be used to move from a windows 7 computer to a windows 10 computer (not upgrade) but actually moved to a different pc entirely. if not does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for all the help I have a client who has been a bear to say the least.

$%Mike%$

Yes a fresh install. I need to move the profile, data and settings from one windows 7 pc to a brand new windows 10 pc.

so basically just to finish the thread i used pc mover it downloaded every app and program and all user data. When i fresh installed to the new computer i just used pc mover on the new pc and it auto reinstalled every program and all correlating data as well as all users and their info. so basically the new computer looks and feels just like the old but it updated faster and has a new ops. (Side note pc mover is awesome and worth just having around)

boyyo1809 said:
so basically just to finish the thread i used pc mover it downloaded every app and program and all user data. When i fresh installed to the new computer i just used pc mover on the new pc and it auto reinstalled every program and all correlating data as well as all users and their info. so basically the new computer looks and feels just like the old but it updated faster and has a new ops. (Side note pc mover is awesome and worth just having around)

Good work boyyo1809 ;)

Back