• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows XP BE - on nForce chipset issues

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

J

JustMee

First off, hello everyone.

And yes, I know TT/ThumperDC didn't make the Black Editions - but I'm hoping for some help anyway and saving me a needless ~650MB download.

I am trying to install windows xp on a slightly older PC - it's a pre-built with some new additions. In it's former incarnation it was an eMachines/EMCP73VT-PM. The issue I am running into is a BSOD when trying to install Windows XP BE (I'm not sure exactly which release it is)

Here's a pic of the BSOD
[imgth]http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag58/JustMee0123/20141226_201948_zpse86fba81.jpg[/imgth]

The stop error references HD controller issues - possibly from missing/invalid/corrupt drivers?

Hoping someone with a bit more expertise could chime in with some help.

It's a good working copy I got from TPB before they went down - it works on a different PC I have. But the other PC uses an older mobo with a VIA chip. This "newer" mobo has nForce chip - which I'm suspecting that copy of windows either doesn't have the correct driver or maybe just has a wrong version.
Gonna try the TechTools version and see how it goes.

are you trying to install it on a sata or ide harddrive when using that old nforce motherboard ?

I remember having to update my bios with a sata issue fix due to the board only working when using a ide hdd for new installs.

Latest posts

Back