• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

10HIDER, hides the Windows 10 Upgrade Reservation tray icon.

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Qarizma

VIP
Nov 28, 2012
You all got this message already? Well I thank Microsoft for the free reservation, this has been done but the icon still stays in tray. I made a tool to remove the icon.

This is the reservation screen:
tumblr_inline_nrc2awVcq91t27zcm_540.png

This is the notorious tray icon:
tumblr_inline_nrc2b4ixBO1t27zcm_540.png

And this is the solution:
tumblr_inline_nrc2alePC41t27zcm_540.png

Features

Safely hides the GWX (Windows 10 Reservation Tray Icon) and disables it until you restore or install Windows 10. This tool has no harm to your system or your reservation and can be restored at any time.

Download: [hidden]http://dl.qarizm.com/10hider/1/10HIDER.exe[/hidden]

I would like to mention if you search for/browse to: C:\Windows\System32\GWX and rename to C:\Windows\System32\MicrosoftYouShadyBastards and reboot, problem solved, just rename back and back to normal. Thank you for having me on your forums :)

sporadicpot said:
I would like to mention if you search for/browse to: C:\Windows\System32\GWX and rename to C:\Windows\System32\MicrosoftYouShadyBastards and reboot, problem solved, just rename back and back to normal. Thank you for having me on your forums :)

That will cause errors in Windows (not visibly). But Windows tries to execute GMX.exe but it can't find it, this is not the way it should.

10HIDER disables GWX trigger, keeps everything intact.

Thank You! I had Looked at the other ways to delete it, but the icon didn't bother me enough for those plans of action lol. Thanks for this simple tool.

sporadicpot said:

Thanks

Qarizma said:
sporadicpot said:

That will cause errors in Windows (not visibly). But Windows tries to execute GMX.exe but it can't find it, this is not the way it should.

10HIDER disables GWX trigger, keeps everything intact.

Where do these errors occur, and where can i find a log of them, I would like to know more about how the error is initiated and what's driving this situation.

Back