• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Android emulation on a Windows 11 System?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Has anyone tried this yet? I am curious how this works out. There are more than a few Android apps I would like to have available on my daily driver, not games, just single user programs. I have never felt exactly secure running BlueStacks or LDPlayer on my main system, something just doesn't feel right. I am peering through a few layers of completely different code to make it happen. I am sure a ton of exploits could be inserted in that code and it would be difficult to trace. As a result, I keep around a system just to run an Android emulator and dual boot Linux.
Are Android apps that easy to program that coding in Windows and Mac/OS has been neglected?

I haven't tried it yet but have a couple of versions of android installed on Virtual Box on Windows 10. As far as I know, V Box can be installed in Windows 11. I've got Android Prime OS and Android-x86 which is Android TV Pie installed. Here are links to them if you want to try it and see.
This last one is ready for V Box and you'll need to import it instead of the normal install.

I haven't switched to Windows 11 yet and probably won't for a good while if at all. I went from 95 to XP to 7 and didn't install 10 until I think it was 2018 or 19. Anyway if you do try it let me know I like nerding out on stuff like this. I even rooted and flash a custom OS to a Firestick 4k just for the heck of it.

Back