• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Need Help With Android on Windows 11

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Looking for some help with Windows Android emulator. As I understand it, as it is installed you are confined to using and installing Android apps from the Amazon store exclusively. Beng the dedicated pirate that I am I find that unacceptable. Does anyone have a hack or work-around to defeat that rule? If not do any of our members have a link to a forum of discussion related to Win/Android hacks?
If you think about it, being able to draw upon the boatload of Android apps out there and the ability to manipulate the data they produce would be pretty darn cool. In a normal Android environment AFAIK that pretty impossible although I admit I am no Android expert. On face value in a chromebook, etc. apps seem to be a tough nut to crack and I haven't seen much work devoted to hacking Android apps or maybe I am missing something.
I am open to ideas and if we can work something out, this might be a good sub-forum topic for the boad.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Looking for some help with Windows Android emulator. As I understand it, as it is installed you are confined to using and installing Android apps from the Amazon store exclusively. Beng the dedicated pirate that I am I find that unacceptable. Does anyone have a hack or work-around to defeat that rule? If not do any of our members have a link to a forum of discussion related to Win/Android hacks?
If you think about it, being able to draw upon the boatload of Android apps out there and the ability to manipulate the data they produce would be pretty darn cool. In a normal Android environment AFAIK that pretty impossible although I admit I am no Android expert. On face value in a chromebook, etc. apps seem to be a tough nut to crack and I haven't seen much work devoted to hacking Android apps or maybe I am missing something.
I am open to ideas and if we can work something out, this might be a good sub-forum topic for the boad.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Never used Android on Windows 11, sorry.

Never used Android on Windows 11, sorry.
It is ful of rules and limitations. Being able to peel apart Android apps really apeals to me. From what I understand apps are constructed of pre-built modules pasted together and a simple GUI is slapped on the finished product. That's why they pop up like bunnies when a new idea shows up and all the copy cats that shortly follow.
Winter's coming and I am going to dust off my cracking cheap cam project. I honestly never got very far and from what I found on the web neither did anyone else. Most of those cheap cams are programed with NVRAM or maybe a just a plain ROM but the equipment to deal with ROMs by what appears to be very smal Asain vendors although ROM erasers and programmers aren't cheap. That type of ROM isn't that cheap or widely available any more AFAIK. I think those vendors buy kits from larger Asain producers then add the finishing touches so there should be a way in.

It's understandable that you're interested in reverse engineering Android apps and cracking cheap cams. These are both challenging and rewarding projects that can teach you a lot about how software works. However, it's important to be aware of the ethical and legal implications of these activities.

In the case of reverse engineering Android apps, it's generally considered acceptable to do so for the purposes of understanding how the app works, identifying bugs, or improving compatibility. However, it's illegal to reverse engineer an app in order to steal intellectual property or to create malware.

Crackling cheap cams is a more complex issue. On the one hand, these cams are often sold without any warranty or support, and their manufacturers may not have taken adequate security measures. On the other hand, cracking a cam could allow you to access private data or to control the cam remotely without the owner's knowledge or consent.

Crackling cheap cams is a more complex issue. On the one hand, these cams are often sold without any warranty or support, and their manufacturers may not have taken adequate security measures. On the other hand, cracking a cam could allow you to access private data or to control the cam remotely without the owner's knowledge or consent.
Not my style. I do not violate people's privacy or attempt to access their data. Quite honestly that's very conflicting with the purpose and intention of this forum.
I started reverse engineering many, many years ago. I had a game on a C64 that loaded via floppy disk that had an intentional error physically imprinted of the media. The drive would then encounter those errors every time it loaded which resulted in knocking the drive's head out of alignment and breaking it. I did comunicate with the software publisher and asked them to remove it as it was destroying expensive at that time drives as a result of running purchased copies of that game. They didn't care. As a result that became the first software I reversed engineered to bypass that drive error. In the untouched version, the program would halt until the drive returned an error code. I will never be convinced what I did was wrong.
Reverse engineering some cheap mass-produced cam software is trivial. It's the same cam that comes to the OEM with cookie cutter software that's being clapped out by dozens of Asian individuals with hope of leasing the server space on Asian servers to the cam owners, it's no big deal. Do you actually think the data being transferred to that Asain server by those thousands of these cams is in any way secure? Nuff said, eh John Smith?

Back