• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Annoying "File Access Denied"

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Jim Rockford

Sep 30, 2021

Every time I try to copy "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file "​

I am trying to copy large .TIB files image files from my C: drive to an external drive connected directly to the PC. I AM admin on this computer but am not using the Administrator account. The actual profile I use does have admin rights. I have tried various fixes available on many other sites, none to avail. Any body knows how I can fix this once and for all. What am I missing?

A couple of thoughts. Before that I take it we are talking about Acronis back-up image files. Acronis itself may be blocking the file transfer, under certain circumstances it will. It's possible that your A/V program might be seeing something it isn't happy about. I would try to compress the file using WinRAR or 7zip and break it into password protected encrypted pieces 650MB or less in size. That way the user who encrypted the file set is the owner and you have overcome the file size limitation (which I doubt is the problem here). Good luck.

Back