• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Can I Safely Sync OneNote?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

SavingTime

Mar 28, 2017
Hi, this is obviously going to sound like an idiotic question, but is their a "Safe" way to sync and/or backup OneNote from Android 6 phone to Windows 10 devices? I would love to be able to store notebooks to a free cloud service, but I think that's probably asking too much, right? So I can settle for syncing my devices while they're on my home WiFi or even Bluetooth if I absolutely had to.
OneNote seems like a much better Android app then all the alternatives. While I'm on the go, I make lots of lists, journal, and come up with a ton of ideas that I have to write about and research more in detail later when I'm at full size screen and keyboard. I've got to get into the habit of writing cohesively again because just from reading this over I think I've let my brain rot from lack of use. :(
The Android phone just has free stuff on it so far and I haven't even researched how to root it yet. However, I just downloaded Office 2016 Pro on both my Windows 10 machines and I plan on upgrading them to Windows 10 Pro instead of the free upgrade of Windows 10 Home that's currently installed (Partly because the upgrades never installed properly and I started getting errors and crashes right from the start and its only been 6 weeks).
My main concern with being able to sync OneNote is of course with M$ running a muck behind my back.
I would like all of OneNote's functionality on the go. Including to be able to save, create, and sync documents in OneNote, but some of those documents would be turned into full Office 2016 documents once I'm at home on my PC.
Eventually, I want to put Office 2016 on my Android too, but I don't know how to install downloaded apps on an Android yet. Plus I'm guessing I'm going to have to root it and I will have to get a spare phone just to receive calls during that downtime. So, that is months away from happening.

I would appreciate any suggestions you have of where I should start. Thanks for reading my written babble. Obviously, my totally ADHD brain needs some sleep. :arcoiris:

Thanks, but I've tried Keep & that app isn't what I'm looking for. I've also tried the free versions of Evernote, and about 5 other similar apps.
If I don't use just OneNote, I will have to use At Least 3 other Apps & I still won't get all the fuctionality that I'm looking for.

I love the "Notebook" feature. I've attempted to do the same thing for many years using multiple physical binders and aboot a dozen crates of chaos containing every type of my paperwork from school, home, work, personal & a small amount of papers for my hobbies, and numerous other categories Im forced to keep like taxes,ect. Besides taking up to much space, time & having to bring a massive binder to school when people only had 1 small notebook & an entire suitcase just for paperwork, when I would go on my only "vacations" which consist of working from a relatives house for a few days, & being massively disorganised, I still haven't recovered from water damaging thousands of pages when a pipe burst a few months ago.
Recently, I've finally been consolidating an Entire Clothing Closet of Paperwork. I now relize how miserable physical paperwork is making my life & how much being disorganized is costing me lots in fees! So obviously he next step is to digitize my entire life until this point.
However this year I'm extremely behind & I haven't even begun 2017's, set of "binders" & "paper boxes," But I refuse to start it unless it can be done digitally!
Also,Or in a few years I wouldn't be suprised if that TV show "Hoarders" showed up on my doorstep to profile me just for all this evil :evil: paperwork.

SavingTime said:
I would appreciate any suggestions you have of where I should start. Thanks for reading my written babble. Obviously, my totally ADHD brain needs some sleep.

I don't follow the rules because when I was a sophomore in college getting a 4 year degree on a 5 year program track I decided to put some of what I 'learned' to practical use and made a fake ID, this being more than half my lifetime ago... and thus leads into my question appropriately tailored to AD[H]D and you, as I inquire about tips, tricks, solutions and advice because I obviously didn't come to this thread looking to sew a button on my shorts which has been on hold for months. I've tried and can get all meds yet why focus if what you're supposed to focus on sucks anyway...? Here, go scrub a toilet... here's $1,500 go scrub a toilet but think about whatever the hell you want. Thnx.

Back