• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

combine networks

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

inferno

Aug 23, 2010
hey any1 knows if its possible to combine two different networks into a pc(windows 7). e.g i want to combine my lan connection & my neighbour wireless network...is it possible? do we need any network connection manager software to do it? if yes what is the software name?

Read this!! it might Help :) :) :)
Code:
http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Networking/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=24296

yup i want to combine both internet access point into a computer. 1st connection is my lan cable, 1mbps connection & the 2nd is my neighbour wireless connection also 1mbps connection. so since both of that network is different i was hoping to get a download speed of 200kb/s. but is it possible to combine both network to my pc(windows 7)?

i tried it before & my download speed rise up to 200kb/s but then the next day i try again & it seems to use only 1 connection even tho they say both network is connected. i dont know why it dosent connect to both like before. any way how to connect both & use both network as 1?

inferno said:
yup i want to combine both internet access point into a computer. 1st connection is my lan cable, 1mbps connection & the 2nd is my neighbour wireless connection also 1mbps connection. so since both of that network is different i was hoping to get a download speed of 200kb/s. but is it possible to combine both network to my pc(windows 7)?

i tried it before & my download speed rise up to 200kb/s but then the next day i try again & it seems to use only 1 connection even tho they say both network is connected. i dont know why it dosent connect to both like before. any way how to connect both & use both network as 1?

Did u check the link i provided above !???

2 Routers and a VPN will do just fine. Most home Linksys Routers come with VPN capabilities. Best, safest, fastest and most secure way to connect two networks together

how do u do that? how to create own vpn & join to network in that vpn?

i recommend that you use google to find some tutorials. there are many, many of these available on the internet. but it's really not going to make your internet connection any faster. The only way to get a faster connection is to upgrade to a faster speed.

Back