• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

display specific character as an other one

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

zaAk

Sep 4, 2020
Hello,
how can i make my PC displays always specific character as an other character with regedit ?
Lets say for example i want my PC to display the character "A" as "B".
Thanks

Hello,
how can i make my PC displays always specific character as an other character with regedit ?
Lets say for example i want my PC to display the character "A" as "B".
Thanks
I think this will work for you. It's a pretty simple procedure and I thought someone might have answered it by now.

Everything you wanted to know about special character mapping but were afraid to ask:

I think this will work for you. It's a pretty simple procedure and I thought someone might have answered it by now.

Everything you wanted to know about special character mapping but were afraid to ask:
thanks! but i think that not meet my needs, what i am looking for, it hasnt to do with keybord.I need to change how a character displayed-appeared on softwares.On the picture below you can see that dot " . " has changed to " - " and " - " has changed to " A "Capture3.PNG

Gotcha. Back to the drawing board. Now is that what would normally be displayed in the language Windows has been currently installed you wish to change? So you need to remap ASCII display characters mapping. The thing you should be aware of is the change becomes global and it will always display the alternate character. Probably a registry change. I can dig up some directions but you will need to make the changes in the registry yourself.

Gotcha. Back to the drawing board. Now is that what would normally be displayed in the language Windows has been currently installed you wish to change? So you need to remap ASCII display characters mapping. The thing you should be aware of is the change becomes global and it will always display the alternate character. Probably a registry change. I can dig up some directions but you will need to make the changes in the registry yourself.
Exactly! Before many years i made some changes in registry to have this result but now that i want to reverse it, i dont remember how to do it again.Thanks

Back