• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Greetings everyone!

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

gdstuart

May 9, 2022
I'm a retired IT guy who started out in "Computer Programming", then "Data Processing", then "Information Systems", then "IT", and capped it all off with "SAP Business Intelligence" over a 30-year career with IBM, Campbell Soup, Boeing, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, and various consulting engagements. I've been a PC user for most of those years (started with a Kaypro), and am a confirmed Windows bigot (despite the maintenance headaches and the various Microsoft idiocies that we all have to deal with). To anyone who bothers to read this...I'm very appreciative of Thumper's efforts to bring applications into the reach of the common (wo)man. However, I must warn you that the torrents you're downloading which contain the KMS activation cmd files: KMS is not as easy as it seems. Just running it as Admin and entering Option 1 will work for you if you're very lucky, but if not, don't just flame at the contributor and wait for him/her to spoon-feed you the answer. Instead, click Option R for Read Me, get a cup of your favorite beverage, and settle in for a half-hour of intense study. The contents of that Read Me document are really the keys to the kingdom. If you take the time to understand what KMS does, and follow the many tips in the Read Me file, you'll not only gain an understanding of the various MS licensing levels and tools, but you'll also be able to clean up your PC with the Office Scrubber/Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant. You'll attain the result you want, have a cleaner registry, and also be a smarter person.

'Nuff said, back to my sourdough bread.

Cheers,

Geoff in NJ Blueberry Country

I'm a retired IT guy who started out in "Computer Programming", then "Data Processing", then "Information Systems", then "IT", and capped it all off with "SAP Business Intelligence" over a 30-year career with IBM, Campbell Soup, Boeing, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, and various consulting engagements. I've been a PC user for most of those years (started with a Kaypro), and am a confirmed Windows bigot (despite the maintenance headaches and the various Microsoft idiocies that we all have to deal with). To anyone who bothers to read this...I'm very appreciative of Thumper's efforts to bring applications into the reach of the common (wo)man. However, I must warn you that the torrents you're downloading which contain the KMS activation cmd files: KMS is not as easy as it seems. Just running it as Admin and entering Option 1 will work for you if you're very lucky, but if not, don't just flame at the contributor and wait for him/her to spoon-feed you the answer. Instead, click Option R for Read Me, get a cup of your favorite beverage, and settle in for a half-hour of intense study. The contents of that Read Me document are really the keys to the kingdom. If you take the time to understand what KMS does, and follow the many tips in the Read Me file, you'll not only gain an understanding of the various MS licensing levels and tools, but you'll also be able to clean up your PC with the Office Scrubber/Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant. You'll attain the result you want, have a cleaner registry, and also be a smarter person.

Cheers,

Welcome gdstuart! ;) :D

Cheers,

Happy welcome Geoff, greetings to the US from Germany.

Cheers,

Welcome to the forum.

Back