• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Hello everyone

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

13Foxtrot

Nov 20, 2014
Hi, I'm new to all of this. I am an old 64 years old veteran. Right now waiting for retirement to kick in, so I'm very very short on funds.
I am having serious problems with my laptop. A local school gave me one. It is a HP 6730s Intel Core Duo P7370 2.00 GHZ processor, with 1 gig memory.
It originally came with windows Vista installed. When I got it , Umbutu operating system was on it. A "friend" of mine put on Windows 7.

The computer runs real s l o w, it constantly uses 90% of the memory. Also when it loads A blank box shows up with tasking.exe and another box that says can't find: C\: programfiles (x86) search extensions\client.exe.

I successfully downloaded the Windows 7 install. Where do I get the key for it? My "friend" never left me the key, however on the control panel it says Product ID 00426-OEM-8992662-00010 is this the key that I use?

1. Should I stay with Windows 7? it uses a lot of resources.
2. Should I try to install Windows XP? If so, where do I get XP and the key?
3. Where do I get those avaitars for a logo?
4. Final question, there are a lot of great movies to download, how do I burn them to a DVD to use in a DVD player for free?

Thanks to all and everyone for your help, and understanding and patience.

Welcome 13Foxtrot! ;) :D

I suggest you to install last version of Windows XP for your laptop.

Good luck.

Back