• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Hey Everyone

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

coryforamerica

May 25, 2021
Hey Everyone New Here Need Help Building A OptiPlex 9020 Just got refurbed and im on a low budget need it for editing on adobe lot of Questions got it with a i7 4770 250ssd 16g ram just ordered a Wi-Fi 6 pci card! im having trouble understanding the instructions for installing the adobe with crack i don't understand how to direct its path to the .Dat file any help would be great.

Well good luck with the Adobe install. The only suggestion I could make is it should be your very first install on the system, it seems anything else Adobe free or otherwise will interfere. Go through the posts here regarding that software. It seems there are many problems with many solutions, find one that fits your circumstances. This sounds like it will be a mission critical system so mirror the HD w/fresh install and increments afterwards. I would also advise keeping your data backed up offline if you are going to mess with cracked software. With all the ransomware making the rounds again you never know.
As far as the hardware I can't even count the number of Opti 9020's I have serviced. Good hardware in my experiences. Never hurts to reseat the CPU with a thin film of silver paste as compared to the glop job the OEM does. Careful with the load you place on the PSU. That's the one thing that pisses me off about OEMs and their proprietary power supplies.
Good luck with whatever Adobe installs you are doing. They can be a real bear and try to stick to the most current version reported working (1337x?).
Edit:
I have to admit I am a fan of those Optiplexes. Currently I am here using a Opti 7040 micro i5 6500T. The only thing that holds it up is disk i/o thru USB. Thing runs very cool, the fact that the PSU is a jumbo laptop style power brick helps keep it cool. I have an HP Prodesk 600 G1 i7 micro ready to take over but not yet. As you can see I like those teenie tiny systems. My workhorse is a Dell precision portable believe it or not, the thing is a beast.
I just got a couple of hi-pro 2TB SSD so there might be some changes coming. I really suggest making your O/S, ] drive a SSD and keep the old mag drives for data.

Last edited:
Back