• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

how to propely use a crack

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

BIGWEEZY69

Jul 26, 2012
im always seeing them with software t be downloaded adcould really use some of the software but have no idea hw to use it so culd someone break it down fo me in laymans terms n real computer savy but trying to learn , would greatly appreciate it. :please:

A crack has different ways of working,
there's AIO cracks, which are automatically installed through the installer.

If it's in a folder; then it's usually dragged from the folder it is in to the folder of which the program that is to be cracked is, as it will have the same name as the first program's main window (For... lets say you're cracking a program called "BOB", the main window is "BOB.exe" so the chances are; the crack will be "BOB.exe".

How to install;

1. Find out where the program is installed (The directory. e.g; "C:/Program Files")
2. Open the crack folder.
3. Drag the crack over into the directory.
4. Click yes to all over ride.
5. It's cracked.

Greatly appreciate your help and the way you explained it pffffffft.....even a nube like me can do it ...again thank you.

Glad to be of help :)
If it isn't like the above just pm me and i'll happily do it over TeamViewer

No. But let me tell you a story. A very long time ago I purchased a game for my Commodore 64, it loaded from an optional and expensive floppy drive.
The clever programmer decided to copy protect the program by mechanically placing a defect on the floppy which would put the floppy in to a read error state. This meant the drive would hammer itself trying to read a sector that was scratched off the magnetic media and return an error code. The return of that error code would allow the game to run, fine, or was it?
The end result that after maybe a half dozen times of loading the game, the read head on the floppy was knocked out of alignment, a costly repair to have done just to have the game loading eventually repeat the process.
Well I was more than a little upset and I wrote the game author more than once informing them of the problem and begging for a fix. I never received a response. So I took matters into my own hands. After learning Motorola 6502 machine code and binary I was able to reverse engineer the game, find the routine that required the error routine and bypassed it in the code.
Needless to say I was more than happy to share my work with my fellow C64 owners so they didn't have to deal with their system being destroyed by some over jealous programmer with little regard except protecting their code.
I did not have anything to do with the game or crack you are associated with, just that sometimes there's a pretty good reason for things being done.
Their was a very notorious group, CORE, the Challenge Of Reverse Engineering. They did it just to prove they could and some of their work was incredible. They weren't out to do much more than that. As you can tell by my name, back in the 90's given the programs and hardware we had available to us and the fact that dual layer recordable DVDs did not exist, it was almost miraculous how some people could recode a DVD to fit on one recordable DVD-R with no discernable loss of picture quality. That was our challenge.
I have since moved on from all of that work but keep in mind much of it isn't done with malice. When I took an IT job 16 years ago in a major US city I was shocked to see the work that my group had done being sold out of people's automobile trunk in the corner of gas stations, trust me that was never the intention. In fact it was code if we caught members trying to profit from the work, we would have turned them in. Somehow the stuff gets leaked. Now on the other hand pretty much the big boys stuff is open game although I haven't had the time to be involved. One of the conditions of my employment 16 years ago was I give the scene up which I did, I am a person of my word.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back