• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

How to Record HD Gameplay On Your PC

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Aug 18, 2010
This Topic is about Recording HD Gameplay on Your PC.

As you know people run many channels on Youtube. They Upload Videos --> Become a Youtube Partner and Earn Money by the ads placed on the Videos (Adsense)

So Now the current hit on Youtube is Gameplays / App Reviews / Mobile App Reviews etc etc

So Beginning You Would Need Video Recording Software like
  • Fraps
  • Camtasia Recorder

My Personal Favorite from the above would be Fraps cause Camtasia Recorder tends to give out no video output aka white/black screen after the video has been recorded so it kinda fucks up your hard work

The Next Thing You Would need is a Video Editing / Rendering Software like
  • Camtasia Studio 8
  • Sony Vegas Pro

Again my Personal favorite would be Camtasia Studio 8 cause i have been using it since a long time.

Now for the settings to use on Fraps to Record 720p HD Gameplay for Youtube Videos is

First Start up Fraps and then go to Movies like this and change the settings like below..

1.png

Then Go to FPS to remove a Frame per sec watermark from the video click on Hide overlay like i have done below ..

2.png

Then Make sure Fraps is running in your background and then start the game which you want to record.

Hit F9 (Hotkey assigned by me to start recording) after i finish the part of the game which i want to publish again press F9 and then the Video(Gameplay) would be saved at D://Gameplay (Path assigned by me to save the videos)

Note : The Long You play the Longer the File Size. 10 Min Gameplay would get you a filesize of 5.50GB

Now You Can't Just Upload 5.50GB Of Video on to Youtube or Can You ? :p

So Now thats where Rendering / Video Editing Comes in to Play.

Open Up Camtasia Studio 8 and then hit Import Media and Go to D://Gameplay to fetch the last recorded Video it would come up in the Clip Bin Section Like this

3.png

Then Drag the video to the TimeLine below in Track 1 Like this

4.png

Then as soon as u drag it in you would see a dialog box popup like this one select the one i have selected like here

5.png

Then Go to Zoom-n-Pan Option Click on it and then Select "Scale Media to fit entire canvas" like that

6.png

Then Adjust the borders of the video on like i have done below to render the video from edge to edge like this

7.png

Then after that you can audio's , Transitions , Your Intro Video according to yourself on the timeline then go up top and his Produce and Share like this

8.png

and then you will see a popup like this select HD MP4 (up to 720p) like this and hit next

9.png

You will see another popup Asking for the name where to save it details fill in the details and hit Finish like this

10.png

Thats it then it would render the video and make the video from a freaking 5.5GB to a considerable 200-300mb depending on the extra content you have added.

Just upload that video to youtube let it process and as soon as its done you will see your 720p video hitting the viewer's desktops.

The Output would be like one of my videos here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz1eXYynsZ0[/youtube]

Back