• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Howdy, Howdy Folks!

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

STeveinusa

Jun 23, 2019
Hey everyone! Well I Live in Florida, I drive an 18 wheeler for a living and I like Trump! If you don't like Trump, that's okay too, we're joined for our love of computers, right? My first PC was an old 8088 running MSDOS and nothing else, given to me by my late uncle Walt, a professor at FSU. Super smart guy. As a matter of fact, I don't think there was Windows or I just hadn't heard of it yet? But all I did with that PC was BASIC and playing with the Autoexec.bat and Config.sys. For some weird reason I loved to see how much resources I could free up by edit those two files, rebooting then trying something else. Learning those two files came in handy when I bought my first PC, a 386DX 66! Now I had my first windows 3.1 on I think 11 floppy disks and a newer version of DOS (6.22?) that was able to play Doom and Wolfenstein. In those days the internet was just barely known. Everything was America online, Prodigy and the big Daddy was CompuServe.
The best OS's IMHO were Windows 98 and XP. Pubg ran 'okay' on 7, but two days ago I installed this version of 10 and holy crap PubG FLIES now! Usually it's the other way around when upgrading everything grinds to a crawl. I am impressed with 10 so far. Welp, I look forward to reading everything! L8R!

Back