• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Intro - myself

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

BigBro2202

Jun 29, 2022
Well after a long time away just coming back in old forums. Know a bit of soft/hard-ware and tech knowledge. Love the sea and sailing and do nothing!!! Well to now.
I need some clear ideas about Microsoft Win 11. I have Win 10 and to upgrade to 11 it seems my pc doesn't come up with the right requirements and that is my CPU!!!
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590T CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz. Now does any of you know that Microsoft will update their list in order to have all CPU's available to Win 11? Minimum should
be i5 right? Awaiting for your reply. Cheers to all. ;-)

I can tell ya that as with every other release of Windows it takes a while for them to work out all the bugs they end up with... The biggest reason being (IMHO) they never fully gut the OS and start from scratch to make the newest build, they just keep piling code on top of old stuff, I mean thats what I see when Im in Visual Studio. But..... But.......... with that being said, there is a lot more automation in Windows 11 which in theory makes installation a cake walk for Plug N Play devices and driver install automation... Will actually install non-functional drivers through automated updates for mostly older (really old) hardware I have noticed... I have a render farm with a few Fedora OS machines... Your hardware configuration appears to be laptop and within the time range that you would/should see minimal hiccups

Well after a long time away just coming back in old forums. Know a bit of soft/hard-ware and tech knowledge. Love the sea and sailing and do nothing!!! Well to now.
I need some clear ideas about Microsoft Win 11. I have Win 10 and to upgrade to 11 it seems my pc doesn't come up with the right requirements and that is my CPU!!!
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590T CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz. Now does any of you know that Microsoft will update their list in order to have all CPU's available to Win 11? Minimum should
Welcome to the forum.

I can tell ya that as with every other release of Windows it takes a while for them to work out all the bugs they end up with... The biggest reason being (IMHO) they never fully gut the OS and start from scratch to make the newest build, they just keep piling code on top of old stuff, I mean thats what I see when Im in Visual Studio. But..... But.......... with that being said, there is a lot more automation in Windows 11 which in theory makes installation a cake walk for Plug N Play devices and driver install automation... Will actually install non-functional drivers through automated updates for mostly older (really old) hardware I have noticed... I have a render farm with a few Fedora OS machines... Your hardware configuration appears to be laptop and within the time range that you would/should see minimal hiccups
Hi there, so sorry not to reply asap. I have a mini-pc. Thanks for the info but I am not that eager to have Win 11, happy what I have. Just curiosity about the way big companies how behave so strangely in some tech aspects. Cheers

When you mount the Win11-ISO with Rufus, you can de-select the requirements and you can install then your Windows 11.

Back