• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

iOS 5.0.1 Random crashing?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Evolux

Jan 14, 2012
So I have a brand new iPod touch (white) 4G and for some reason. After like a hour or 2 of using it apps will start to crash upon startup (all aps native and non native.) I am also Jailbroken with the latest version of redsn0w. I do not have winterboard installed. Anyone else have this issue and have a way to fix it? :noexp:

Evolux said:
So I have a brand new iPod touch (white) 4G and for some reason. After like a hour or 2 of using it apps will start to crash upon startup (all aps native and non native.) I am also Jailbroken with the latest version of redsn0w. I do not have winterboard installed. Anyone else have this issue and have a way to fix it? :noexp:
I have an ipod touch 4g 5.0.1 redsn0w jailbroken no winterboard either but sometimes i do get that problem but doesnt occur to all my apps only certain ones. One idea might be keep the multitaking bar clean and see if it still occurs or remove any imcomplete/incompatible tweaks from cydia. You could respring each time the problem occurs if that helps even though it would start to be annoying after a while. I have heard that sometimes springboard tweaks may be a cause so that should be looked into so if you have a tweak like iap cracked thats known to cause this issue and a few other tweaks. But something to remember is that its a new jailbreak so there still are a few bugs/issues in it so its not completely perfect. But to me if it occurs on native apps too it maybe be a problem when jailbreak so you may want to rejailbreak it. Hope i helped you or atleast put you on the right path :)

I just reset my ipod from a restore point and rejailbroke it. It works perfectly fine now :)

Evolux said:
I just reset my ipod from a restore point and rejailbroke it. It works perfectly fine now :)
Glad to hear that :) and like i said its probably a jailbroken incompatible tweak or there was an issue when you were jailbreaking it.

Back