• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Lenovo introduces new Windows 11 laptops for creators and gamers with Yoga and Legion lineups

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

TWF Bot

Staff member
Nov 29, 2020
Creators and gamers in search of updating their PCs have new options with the lineups Lenovo recently released that aim to deliver performance, versatility and mobility in portable designs. Lenovo’s PCs come with Windows 11, which introduced a major update at the end of February. One of the biggest additions is a typable Windows search box that brings the new AI-powered Bing front and center. The update also includes improved touch experiences, full screen widgets, quick access to the Windows 365 app and new AI features in Start. Additionally, Windows announced a preview of Phone Link for iOS which is currently available to Windows Insiders and available to all Windows users in the coming months. The flagship Yoga Pro 9i (available in 16-inch and 14.5-inch screen sizes) comes with up to 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processors, an NVIDIA RTX 4070 graphics solution and an upgraded version of Lenovo X Power. These are hardware and software features that work together to provide a smoother creative experience, such as video editing apps running faster with speedier previews, renderings and exports. This means more time making videos and less time spent waiting for those results. There’s also been significant increases in thermal capacity since the previous generation of the PC, which delivers faster graphic, video or 3D rendering while maintaining a cool and quiet experience. A new mini LED PureSight display is also available for sharper and more realistic visuals and color accuracy. Built with 50% post-consumer recycled plastic in the keyboard and 50% recycled aluminum in the bottom cover, these PCs are shipped in packaging cushion containing 90% recycled plastic. The 16-inch Yoga Pro 9i (pictured above) will start at $1799.99, while the 14-inch version will start at $1699.99. Both are expected to be available in North America starting in May. [caption id="attachment_178202" align="alignnone" width="1024"]
Laptop open slightly upside down
Yoga Slim 7[/caption] At just 0.5 inches, Yoga Slim 7 is easy to carry around and work on in tight spaces. A newly designed keyboard and larger touchpad make working more comfortable and efficient, while the latest generation AMD Ryzen 7000 series processors and a higher capacity 70Whr battery help power whatever tasks need tackling. Level up with a Rapid Charge option to recharge for three more hours of use in just 15 minutes. The 14.5-inch up to 3K PureSight OLED display, which includes TÜV Hardware Blue Light Eyesafe Certification, and six speakers with two back-to-back subwoofers make hours-long workstreams, meetings and downtime entertainment easier on the eyes and ears. The Yoga Slim 7 will start at 1499 € inc. VAT and is expected to be available in Europe, the Middle East and Africa starting in June. Find out more about the Yoga series and see the press release for more information on these new releases. For gamers, Lenovo Legion’s newest Slim series laptops can help them achieve gaming goals, as well as work ones. This newest iteration of the series is also the first to include the Lenovo Artificial Intelligence (LA) family of chips, onboard physical AI chips that power Lenovo AI Engine+, dynamically adjusting the Lenovo Legion ColdFront 5.0 thermals to optimize cooling on the fly to maintain maximum output with minimal noise. These laptops are designed to meet the multi-faceted needs of gamers, with an SD slot, rapid charging battery technology, Windows 11 and three free months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate*. [caption id="attachment_178203" align="alignnone" width="1024"]
Laptop open on desk showing Xbox Game Pass
Lenovo Legion Slim 7i[/caption] The Lenovo Legion Slim 7i is available with up to a 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900H processor, up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 (115W) graphics and up to 32GB of 5600MHz DDR5 RAM that bring virtual worlds to crisp, vibrant life on the 16-inch 16:10 Lenovo PureSight gaming display. Those who value speedy response times in their gaming sessions will appreciate up to a WQXGA 240Hz VRR 500nit panel, while creators who require the highest resolutions and color gamut for their workflows will value a 3.2K 165Hz VRR 430nit with 100% DCI-P3 panel and Lenovo PureSight gaming display options. The Legion Slim 7i will start at $1769.99 and is expected to be available in April. The Lenovo Legion Slim 5i is a new addition to the Legion portfolio. Available with a 16-inch screen as well as an upcoming 14-inch screen with OLED panel to be released later in the year, all Lenovo Legion Slim 5i laptops are available with up to a 13th Gen Intel Core i7-13700H processor and up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU. Legion ColdFront 5.0 keeps gaming sessions cool and quiet while helping to prevent throttling, with its larger hybrid copper heat pipes and fins, phase change thermal compound, increased air intakes and exhaust, as well as a turbocharged 12V dual liquid polymer fan system. An up to 80Wh battery can deliver up to eight hours of battery life and supports Super Rapid Charge so you can be out and about for the day without the charging brick. The 16-inch Legion Slim 5i will start at $1349.99 and is expected to be available in April. Find out more about these and other Lenovo Legion PCs at Lenovo Storyhub and the Legion website. [caption id="attachment_178204" align="alignnone" width="1024"]
Two laptops open back to back showing the ports
LOQ 15IRH8[/caption] Lenovo also revealed a new lineup of PCs for beginning gamers: the LOQ sub-brand of gaming laptops and towers. The LOQ 15IRH8 laptop has many similarities to its Legion siblings, including Windows 11 pre-installed, three free months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and the Lenovo LA AI Chip, which powers Lenovo AI Engine+. Users can configure it with 13th Gen Intel Core processors (available starting in April) or AMD Ryzen 7000 series CPU (available starting in May). Every LOQ gaming laptop supports up to NVDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPUs. It starts at $899.99. Head over to Lenovo StoryHub to find out more about this and other LOQ PCs. *Xbox Game Pass Ultimate not available in all regions. Learn more about supported regions at https://www.xbox.com/regions.

Continue reading...

Every Lenovo portable I have owned either ended up in the recycling bin or the last one I have sits in the basement for utility work. I have an i7 M93 mini that's nothing special. The Yoga convertable was trash but to be fair the Dell convertable I have is barely OK but beter than the Lenovo. Their support is odd but it works and it is available.
It's bordeline bizzare that this is the same company that manufactures the ThinkPad which are in my opinion the finest laptop made.

Just google on Reddit how good Lenovo's premium support is, or how 'happy' customers were when their laptop returned with the same issue that was it was send for repair months ago. Or that Lenovo's warranty repair wait long enough to deny your warranty. See how many ThinkPads suffer from the Thunderbold issue, that cost a motherboard replacement. If something is screwed, you are left alone.

I missed that issue. Turns out that Thunderbolt 3 issue is not unlike the Asus electrolytic capacitor problem in the past. It's a matter of who me? I didn't manufacturer that part, blame Intel in the Thunderbolt 3 since the manufactured the chip and the supplied the firmware. Lenovo treats the problem as solved now. Here' the whole Dirty Story
Asus denied any warranty repairs to their failed boards since they didn't manufacture the Capacitors. Worth noting they were the only board manufacturer who denied those claims. The main reason why I hold Asus in such low standings.
ThinkPads had a history of cooling fan noise and failure, to me a trivial repair.

Back