• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Malicious Notepad++ installers push StrongPity malware

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

If you know what your doing and I mean "IF" you will never need A/V Soft.

Always Get your files from the Original Software Server and me personally something like Notepad++ once installed if everything works as needed and BUG FREE you really don't need to update at all that's a preferences thing.

I remember in the 90's Microsoft server was infecting everyone with a bug that could only be fixed with the software they created called A Giant Anti Spyware see this link

So Microsoft gives you the bug and then you had to purchase the software to fix it "THEY DID THIS ON PURPOSE".

What we did back them was to attack the windows server to the point it could no be accessed and we did that until they removed the INTENTIONAL BUG eventually they got rid of the SOFT or shall I say renamed it.

It has got to make you wonder with all these good techs on the internet why do they not attack the servers where the bugs are found to be or attack the downloads links so they are no accessible or will not load.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if some techs get kickbacks for not attacking and ignoring the infected links

Me I say if we can post about a bug and its origin then we as Techs can bond together and Stop or Even Prevent it by doing something to stop it.

Otherwise we really do not care RIGHT?

Back in the day we had AFFAFXP ~The Forum~ and Defcon. Defcon had techs that did security for the US Government
and even to this day they can shut down any server in a blink.
As time went on people just stopped doing anything or stopped caring.

I would love to see TECHS/GOOD Hackers come together for the good as back them it really made a difference.

Back