• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Minecraft and Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD Help

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

PjayPosts

Sep 12, 2022
Hello whoever is reading this.

First I'll share some specs of the computer we are working on.
The computer is fairly new. It was purchased on 11/2021 and was running Windows 10 originally. . It is an ASRock Z590-C/ac.
After troubleshooting it is now running Windows 11.

Processor is an 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900KF @ 3.50GHz, 3504 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 logical processors.

System BIOS is: American MegaTrends International LLC. P1.70.
SMBIOS: 3.3
Total installed RAM of 64 GB
Currently Available: 59 GB
Total Virtual Memory: 73.4GB
Available virtual: 66.8GB

Page file space 9.50 GB

Hyper-V is enabled.
Kernel DMA protection is on.

It has a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 TI Graphics card Capable of a memory data rate of 14 Gbps.
Memory Interface: 256-bit
Memory Bandwidth: 448.06 GB/s
Current total available graphics memory is: 40,887 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 8192 MB GDDR6
Shared system memory: 32,695 MB
Video BIOS Version of 94.04.46.00.DA
BUS: PCI Express x16 Gen 4

Let me share some background.

It was time for a new family computer. My son (8 years old at the time I purchased the device.) is really into Minecraft and wants to get into VR. Since we needed a new computer anyways I decided we would make an investment on a decent computer for all of us in the future.

And this computer was amazing. It worked splendidly for a long time! Until the middle of the summer of 2022. When Microsoft started trying to push an update to something called Name: Microsoft GameInput.

It got to the point where my son couldn't even load his worlds in Minecraft without the computer crashing immediately. It would cause the computer to bluescreen. with a stop code of Whea uncorrectable error. Or the error clock watchdog timeout. And Before you just go and google these and copy + paste the result. Please know i've gone through forum and forum regarding how to fix these BSOD and none of the suggestions made has worked.

I work in IT. So I went guns blazing with this error. Ran all the tests, cleaned every fan, and port. Even went so far as to detach and reattach each component. Reset the CMOS.

When troubleshooting the hardware didn't work. I looked towards the software side of things. Ended up uninstalling Minecraft and needing to reinstall the new paired launcher for both java and bedrock. My son was crushed as he lost all of his worlds he had created.

And for nothing... It still crashes. with the same issues.

I've run a full chkdsk workup with no bad sectors and no errors, ran Windows Memory Diagnostic, Ran SFC scannow and sometimes it wouldn't find anything wrong, others time it would find something wrong and repair it. Other times it would find something wrong that it couldn't fix and plop it into the CBS log.

Ran DISM's online restore health. Updated all drivers, and firmware. Even updated to windows 11 and updated some more.

Deleted the windows profile and created a whole new profile. (causing him to lose the worlds and progress again.) Still the same 2 BSOD's.

Recently I just reimaged the entire computer. and still when he goes to play Minecraft it sounds like a jet engine is about take off and then when the world goes to load, or after playing 5 minutes. It crashes.

Now here is the things. I decided to install some other games that I know will use the dedicated graphics card. Such as Fortnite, SWTOR, and World of warcraft. Games that should be taking up a significantly higher amount of system resources. But these games run just fine on the system. It doesn't crash, it doesn't sound like a jet engine. And from the hardware monitor I have installed. Nothing is getting too hot either!!

Its just Minecraft! According to the hardware monitor and from physically looking at the machine in the casing. The Graphics card isn't even turning on when we attempt to play Minecraft. It is all staying onboard and just trying to use the processor!!?!?! what the crap! I don't have turn off hardware acceleration.

So I watched some videos and tried forcing Minecraft to use the graphics card. But nothing has worked! I am at a loss hear as this is a great machine and the issue has only started since this stupid Microsoft GameInput has started being forced onto windows machines. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this up for good for my son?

OK well to simplify things it is probably a memory collision in reserved RAM space. I have to ask this question before we go on. Is there any cracked software installed on the system and I do mean anything, not running, just installed. It seems you think the video card is the target, from your exhaustive tests, I doubt it. It's probably another driver or some other crack or patch occupying the same memory address as Warcraft wants to occupy. This is what causes the BSOD errors you are receiving.
The only other possibility is some anti-virus or a combination of a couple of them or an anti-malware. Those class of programs can do some non-traditional memory allotment or jockey stuff around in RAM.
Sorry that's all I can think of. The fact that this problem hasn't stung more users is that it has to be some weird combo of events rather than just one thing. It's going to be a matter of using safe mode with selective program or driver disabling to get you to the root of your problem.
Happy hunting and all the best of luck!
EDIT:
I may not have been clear on one thing; this has nothing to do with the amount of installed RAM. Windows partitions a sector of RAM to hold processes essential to it's operation including device drivers. Some cracks will use that space to store some lines of code to subvert the authentication routine built into the cracked program and to avoid detection since it's protected space. Needless to say these cracks don't undergo the testing that commercial software usually does and sometimes can cause problems under certain conditions.

Last edited:
With the new image from this last weekend there is honestly a very spartan number of applications total installed. Just the bare essentials to test for a resolution and have a control point at this time. I haven't even installed office on the computer.

At this time there is an admin account and my sons Microsoft account that he signs into the computer with.

Window's defender is the only anti-virus that runs on the computer. It does take up a high power usage according to task manager. But this is temporary and lasts for only 5 seconds or so before it stabilizes.

Installed applications .png

Idk perhaps you can try an older version of your video driver. That board doesn’t have on board video, does it?
Try the OEM driver from the video card manufacturer, I am out of suggestions other than use that system for something other than gaming and put an older graphics card in it.

Latest posts

Back