• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Minisforum TH80 Review

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
So I bought this as a upgrade to my little stable of mini computers as some of mine, although still humming away, are 4th Gen i7, 16GB systems running Win 10. They al have been upgraded to SSD if that's not what they came with.
Back to the TH80:
17170887169560.jpg
It's not a bad piece. A little tough navagating around the insides. A bit of the bottom of the case is glued, but removes easily. I stuck another NVMe SSD inside. I added a SGTKJSJS M2 heat sink from Amazon, $7 USD. I ordered the system with a ESO512GYLCT-EP3-2L 512GB SSD and 32GB (2 x 16GB), the memory sticks had Micron modules installed. Tiger Lake chipset with Intel UHD Graphics.
It runs cool enough, the environment was pretty good air movement. Both SSD temps are in the 45C range, CPU is fan assisted cooling in the 30C range.
I don't really push the unit much other than video recoding and editing. For $255USD it was a good choice for my needs. Some users have problems with reliability, I suspect unless you give this little guy a little space to breathe some cooling air, it's not going to be happy.
All in all, an 11th gen i7 with a 512GB SSD and 32GB DDR4 for the price it works for me. First system I bought with Win 11 natively installed. I should add I degraded it back to Win 10, just because. I don't want to deall with the never ending surprises Microsoft seems to come up with. This is a utility system that serves files from the USB connected bank of 5 spinner hard drives. The second installed SSD is great for reassmbling RAR sets and multi part downloads as well as the secondary receiving drive for programs that require it, it really speeds things up.

Back