• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Win10 Build 19042.631 - Network error help need

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

chris:

Jan 21, 2021
Hi!
Im new here and I hope for some help cos I stuck on s point with my win10 and networking.

So, here is my story:
After I installed the Win10 Build 19042.631 everything was fine.
All day I installed my software etc. and the network worked fine.
Suddenly I restarted my PC and now I have no connection to any web site or even to
my other PC's from my local net.

The Ping command works but the tracert not.
Let's say I ping 8.8.8.8 it is ok, I have any replay.
But if I tracert 8.8.8.8 nothing is going on.
No trace path . . .

I tried also to access some web sites by their IP address but still no access.

I can also ping my other PC's and replay came buck but can't access the shared folders like before.

I removed and reinstalled the LAN driver. No lucky.

I also tried:

netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

But also nothing nice come out at the end.

So, Im out of my box.
Any idea what the heck is going on with this win10? I really hate this OS.

Thanks for any suggestion or help.

Update 0151 22012021 :
I just turned off my pc, after a while I come back, turned on and everything is ok.

But I turned off and on many times before too without success...

My recommendation would be to backup your files and reset the system by formating and reinstalling the OS. Once all recovered, install a antivirus, a firewall, any additional security software and keep your browser up to date.

Don't use your computer outside of your network and keep your router updated too...

This OS is installed several times today, all the time it is clean from any malware etc...
I also tried different versions of win10. But there I had a huge problem, no way to connect to shared folders on win7 pc's.

Also tried the last 2 days to solve that problem, but without any success.

I'm really thinking to go back to win7.
Win10 looks to tricky to use, with lot of bugs and restrictions...
I don't know...

I trid thtat before I installed the last version of win10.
That was ok, but no way to bring the win7 and that untouched windows together into one network.
That version of win10 can't access to the shared folders on my other win7 pc's.

However, I installed now win7 x64 to check does everything is fine in my network, installations, routers etc. but I'm pretty sure does everything is fine, cos all other pc's and laptops are fine.

In my house are maybe around 10 devices which are interacting in the same network.
And all they are ok. Just this one new pc is failing...

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it.

The fact that you shut the system down and let it cool down and it performed properly means hardware problem. It would explain all the network craziness you are experiencing. I'd start with an add-on network card and that should fix things temporarily but this may just be the start of bigger problems. Not sure but 90% of the boards have Intel ethernet chips built in so the odds say it's not the driver. I am not aware of Broadcom having this problem either but I do learn something new every day. Win 10 does treat drivers and networking differently but from Win 7 so I am just guessing. I have no idea why it's only a Win 10 only problem but it is hardware related.

What you mentioned was also gonna through my mine but now here is what I did, cos I don't have an external LAN card right now.

I installed windows7 x64 yesterday and my network is working like a charm. I also copied a bunch of content from one pc to other, something around 400Gb data which was transferred all night, but ended with success.

So, I'm not sure what is going on.
My mobo is an Asus H61M-K, the cpu is i3-3210 with 8Gb of RAM.

What could cos this?
sometime when I wish to connect to my PC2 from PC1 I have to enter the IP address of the PC2 in the Windows Explorer on PC1.

If I enter "\\the name of my PC2" I will get an error something like the desired user is not powered on or similar, and can't access the shared folders.

Why is this happening?

I mena, if my PC1 can access the PC2 through IP address, why can't access through the name of PC2?
they are in the same work group.

Hmm. Realtek network chip. It's definitely hardware or it's interaction with the O/S. Certain versions of the driver for this chip have caused problems in the past. All I can suggest is you to try is grab the latest drivers from Realtek.
I notice these were updated 12/30/2020 so there may have been troubles in the past. It probably is a product of your particular configuration but that doesn't mean it shouldn't work properly.
Good luck!

Back