• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

NUSAR

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

haroon131

May 10, 2021
Hello everyone, I have some files encrypted with Ransomware and a file extension is *.nusar, now system is cleaned and I have encrypted files. anyone can help me to recover those files. I can share sample files.

Regards
Haroon Rasheed

Sorry. Your only hope is the gang that did this will get caught. Usually Interpol will release the algorithm used to encode your files which generates the key.
I am starting to see some bullet-proof, complete lockdown one way back up systems being put into place. Hopefully once they are adopted the ransomware folks will move on.
It's single users that are letting this software be installed. I look at all the network security jobs being posted and think "no way". You can't guard against and fix stupid or arrogance. Thankfully all the users in my current network never hesitate to ask me if they get questionable emails and I have taught them all to look at the "from:" email address before opening. I always thank them and give an "atta boy" when they bring questionable stuff to my attention. I always take the time to show them what was going on in that email as well.

did you Google? I found this right away:
I cannot vouch for it however...
if you have cleaned up drive, better make a full image backup before applying some "fix." And a Restore point, which might be enough to recover should the fix cause more trouble.

did you Google? I found this right away:
I cannot vouch for it however...
if you have cleaned up drive, better make a full image backup before applying some "fix." And a Restore point, which might be enough to recover should the fix cause more trouble.
Sounds to easy but....
I did some reading earlier today and it seems the copycats are targeting home users. Kind of dumb I think. Get caught robbing peanuts and you are still going to spend some serious time away from home. This is the type of crime where they love to set an example.

Back