• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Open WRT any help?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
I have been staring at my Linksys wrt1900ac for years now. Don't get me wrong, it works quite well, I am not a gamer.
I do like to fiddle around with stuff at times. I have a brand new Netgear something or other still in the plastic should I mess up so I don't mind taking a chance.
Have any of out members had any experience flashing a router, with Open WRT and this model would be ideal although I would love to hear more about this project. I may proceed soon or not, trying to make up my mind. If I brick the Linksys, oh well time to recycle it.
Thanks for any input.

I have been staring at my Linksys wrt1900ac for years now. Don't get me wrong, it works quite well, I am not a gamer.
I do like to fiddle around with stuff at times. I have a brand new Netgear something or other still in the plastic should I mess up so I don't mind taking a chance.
Have any of out members had any experience flashing a router, with Open WRT and this model would be ideal although I would love to hear more about this project. I may proceed soon or not, trying to make up my mind. If I brick the Linksys, oh well time to recycle it.
Thanks for any input.

Hey,

I had one TP link with Open WRT software, i havent flash it so i cant help you, sorry.

I agree, Open WRT is nice :)

I like to code with routers, there is always something to change.

The last time i coded something was for ADB Broadband DA 2210 routers (Bit old)

ADB Broadband DA 2210 - Local Password Change Exploit [PT Sapo]

ADB Broadband DA 2210 - Local SSID Change Exploit [PT Sapo]

ADB Broadband DA 2210 - Local Wifi Disabler Exploit [PT Sapo]

How to get wifi password on ADB Broadband DA 2210 [PT Sapo]
-------------------------------------------------------
Hardware required
ADB Broadband DA 2210
Ethernet Cable

Software required
SmartSniff v2.29 - http://www.nirsoft.net

Tutorial
1 - Start by pluging in a Ethernet cable from your computer to port ETH1 of the router.
2 - Start SmartSniff v2.29
3 - Open your browser on http://adsl.setup/ui/skin
4 - Start capturing packets in SmartSniff
5 - Click on "Save" in Wifi network
6 - Go to SmartSniff and File > Save Packets data to file > dump.txt
7 - Open dump.txt and look for passphraseB64
-------------------------------------------------------

I still have old workhorse WRT54G v8.2, and flashed it with DD-WRT and all worked fine. But not being a propeller-headed IT geek, I couldn't tell you much more, except there were now choices for a lot of settings. I recall you went to the DD-WRT site and it listed routers it works on.

Oh wow. That brings back the good old WEP days. For those of you who know, that was fun.

Highly recommended to flash it, make sure which model you have exaclty. As i see there are 2 versions of wrt1900ac and 2 versions of wrt1900acs.

After you figure out which version you have just head to https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/ and get the factory image.

Installation and recovery instructions can be found on your model's device page. For wrt1900ac is https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt1900ac

I suggest you go with the Current stable series 19.07 and wait 1-2 days, cause a new version just released (19.07.8), before flashing.

I confess I still don't have the balls to flash my router. I have like 20+ connected devices and to have to reconfigure doesn't appeal to me right now.

I still have old workhorse WRT54G v8.2, and flashed it with DD-WRT and all worked fine. But not being a propeller-headed IT geek, I couldn't tell you much more, except there were now choices for a lot of settings. I recall you went to the DD-WRT site and it listed routers it works on.

I like WRT54G routers. You can get a few with shodan and using default password you can remotely change the ssid or read the internet connection username and password.

Do you want to backup your windows files? Here is a good backup tool which can backup virtual machines and files and database. It has 60-day full featured trial.

REMOVED
I am really interested why you think it's appropriate to spam this forum with a commercial product? Quite honestly this type of product is typically bundled with some other software or other cloud based services. Locally stored files are last decade and all the extortionware has pretty much accelerated that movement.
But anyway thanks for spamming our forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a false advertisement I think. I agree with Gabby that backup is very important in this world. Some backup tools can help you to protect your data from extortionware. It's very necessary for an Enterprise or company because the data is related to a lot of people's livelihood. I saw this vinchin backup tool from another forum, and I have tried to test it because now my company is looking for backup solution to protect VMs on Xenserver platform. It's good. It's a really cost-effective tool and it can meet all of our demands. Our technical guy loves it.

I like WRT54G routers. You can get a few with shodan and using default password you can remotely change the ssid or read the internet connection username and password.

Hacking Archer C9 routers
ximg.php

Thanks for any
+Have you seen the vid on YouTube? I also had one of the same modems which I wanted to connect to a different system in the UK but had to upgrade the firmware. A bit difficult to understand at times, I think he has a speech impediment or like me No teeth!! The link is;

Best of luck...

Oldgeek

Hey,

I had one TP link with Open WRT software, i havent flash it so i cant help you, sorry.

I agree, Open WRT is nice :)
A long time ago I installed Open WRT on a TP-link and it worked great until I decided to start adjusting it's vast setting I had no clue at the what they did. Bricked it. But you live and learn. LOLhamster.gif

Back