• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Opendns going Whacky May 16?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Did anyone else have problems with Opendns Sunday? I was getting all these sites blocked because they had pirated programs and pron listed. The block page had Cisco's name pasted on it. So needless to say I changed my DNS, back to using root servers. I was under the impression the Opendns was a better option but it appears not. I don't know if it was an internal problem or an external hack but I don't care, outta there.
EDIT:
You know how you just have installed/uninstalled and otherwise fiddled with your system to the point where it does stuff that you can't explain? I am afraid old faithful has hit the wall. It's a Dell Opti some thing Micro tower i5-6500T 16GB RAM and a 256GB SSD C: drive and a 1 TB 7200rpm fast SATA mag D: drive along with at least a few multi TB USB drives and a 10 TB NAS/hybrid cloud array. It gets the job done but I may give it a rest
So I hate to admit it but I may have screwed up the DNS settings. Given the other security software, I am not even exactly sure what's going on but everything is operational.

Last edited:
Did anyone else have problems with Opendns Sunday? I was getting all these sites blocked because they had pirated programs and pron listed. The block page had Cisco's name pasted on it. So needless to say I changed my DNS, back to using root servers. I was under the impression the Opendns was a better option but it appears not. I don't know if it was an internal problem or an external hack but I don't care, outta there.
I'm using cloudflare dns 1.1.1.1 :)

Back