• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Password difficulty

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

That truly is a sport of patience. I hung around folks who did this for fun (?). It's like watching paint dry. A really good dictionary attack spread across multiple systems shortens the time but it depends what kind of beast you're dealing with.
There is usually some trick or tweak that can get you into some password protection. Forget these ransomware attacks. I haven't heard of any being cracked. Interpol usually busts the perps and they get the algorithm used to generate the passwords. Those are usually based on some unique aspects of the system under attack and run thru a series of complex mathematical formulas that produce a code. Darn near impossible to reverse engineer.

I see a professional hacker can easily crack the system. I don't know how do they do it?
The reality is they usually don't. Access is obtained from the inside out thru payloads in emails or infected sites or the attacker relies on some exploit of either the operating system or an infected or somehow compromised program.
The days of "stealing" data off hard drives are gone, diminishing returns. Dictionary attacks are too easily and automatically detected and blocked. Even the days of easy DDoS attacks have passed. I won't go into the particulars but worst case scenarios may knock a website out for a few minutes but still maintain the integrity of the site.

The reality is they usually don't. Access is obtained from the inside out thru payloads in emails or infected sites or the attacker relies on some exploit of either the operating system or an infected or somehow compromised program.
The days of "stealing" data off hard drives are gone, diminishing returns. Dictionary attacks are too easily and automatically detected and blocked. Even the days of easy DDoS attacks have passed. I won't go into the particulars but worst case scenarios may knock a website out for a few minutes but still maintain the integrity of the site.

That's very good if third party aren't allowed. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back