• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

PreventTurnOff 3.11

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Hotrod369

VIP
May 31, 2021

PreventTurnOff is a small and effective program that, as the name suggests, prevents the PC from going out or shutting down in a time-controlled manner!​

Actually a shutdown timer with PC "Anti Blocking System", I didn't have much work with this program, because it is an offshoot of DontSleep before version 4.0. It only has the basic functions of DontSleep, but some users reported too many functions in DontSleep and problems with switching between the two modes, so PreventTurnOff is a simple shutdown timer with the advantages of an "anti-blocking system" and some extras features!

1672390503415.png1672390521891.png

PreventTurnOff key functions:​

◆ Ensures that the PC and monitor remain on
◆ Shuts down the PC at a certain time
◆ Quick access to energy options and so on

Other specifications:
◆ Very small program
◆ Low CPU usage
◆ Optional translation function
◆ Portable
◆ Multilanguage

Depending on the setting, the tool reports to the operating system that it has very important tasks to do, if the screen saver is to be activated or the monitor is to be deactivated, it is informed that it is required. It also reports to the system that it has the highest shutdown priority to prevent other programs from being closed beforehand before PreventTurnOff received this command and may therefore be closed and not intercepted by PreventTurnOff to prevent this.

Simple example of using the "PreventTurnOff Tool"​

Start the program. The first time, the default setting for the blocking options will be suggested. You can change this at any time or temporarily deactivate the program, which is very practical! This is also possible via the info area on the taskbar. So you can quickly customize it, the timer has different options, what should happen to the PC or the program after the time!

PreventTurnOff is a small and effective program that, as the name suggests, prevents the PC from going out or shutting down in a time-controlled manner!​

Actually a shutdown timer with PC "Anti Blocking System", I didn't have much work with this program, because it is an offshoot of DontSleep before version 4.0. It only has the basic functions of DontSleep, but some users reported too many functions in DontSleep and problems with switching between the two modes, so PreventTurnOff is a simple shutdown timer with the advantages of an "anti-blocking system" and some extras features!

View attachment 5937View attachment 5938

PreventTurnOff key functions:​

◆ Ensures that the PC and monitor remain on
◆ Shuts down the PC at a certain time
◆ Quick access to energy options and so on

Other specifications:
◆ Very small program
◆ Low CPU usage
◆ Optional translation function
◆ Portable
◆ Multilanguage

Depending on the setting, the tool reports to the operating system that it has very important tasks to do, if the screen saver is to be activated or the monitor is to be deactivated, it is informed that it is required. It also reports to the system that it has the highest shutdown priority to prevent other programs from being closed beforehand before PreventTurnOff received this command and may therefore be closed and not intercepted by PreventTurnOff to prevent this.

Simple example of using the "PreventTurnOff Tool"​

Start the program. The first time, the default setting for the blocking options will be suggested. You can change this at any time or temporarily deactivate the program, which is very practical! This is also possible via the info area on the taskbar. So you can quickly customize it, the timer has different options, what should happen to the PC or the program after the time!

Thanks

I use it to prevent my PC from shutting down because I mine crypto and run a Plex media server and an unexpected restart causes a lot of issues.
I use it to prevent my PC from shutting down because I mine crypto and run a Plex media server and an unexpected restart causes a lot of issues. Glad you find it useful as well.

Back