• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Privacy on Win 11

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

oldgeek

Aug 25, 2021
Something that I didn't notice before mainly because my eyesight and the fact the type was faint (high res monitor). If you look in the start menu of win 11, underneath the app icons on the start, there is a "More" option. If you look in there it stores all the apps and everything (virtually) that you open or type into your machine. Typically there is no easy way to delete these items except by doing them one by one. To do this right click and remove it from the list. If you happen to write a love letter (lol) or something private, anyone can see it by clicking on the More option and see everything that has been opened. If a document or pdf remains on the machine it can be opened and read. Maybe not important to a lot of people but it is a little privacy breach I don't like.

OldGeek

Something that I didn't notice before mainly because my eyesight and the fact the type was faint (high res monitor). If you look in the start menu of win 11, underneath the app icons on the start, there is a "More" option. If you look in there it stores all the apps and everything (virtually) that you open or type into your machine. Typically there is no easy way to delete these items except by doing them one by one. To do this right click and remove it from the list. If you happen to write a love letter (lol) or something private, anyone can see it by clicking on the More option and see everything that has been opened. If a document or pdf remains on the machine it can be opened and read. Maybe not important to a lot of people but it is a little privacy breach I don't like.

OldGeek
Privacy on Win 11 = none. They are serving ads inside the shell.

I am not sure to which you are referring, that particular statement was not at all helpful, why not just say that all OS platforms lack privacy without saying why and using the forum as an advertising platform.

OldGeek

Thank you for the find brother
One thing I failed to remark on is that you can permanantly prevent that list from occuring by resetting an option if you wish. In the file explorer there are three dots on the menu....See below
2022-07-02_132511.jpg

Well, the "recently opened files" in the "quick access" are not really new in Windows 11. That's already in Windows 10. You can deactivate that, and you can delete those files from the "quick access". #justsayin

Well, the "recently opened files" in the "quick access" are not really new in Windows 11. That's already in Windows 10. You can deactivate that, and you can delete those files from the "quick access". #justsayin
Great You ruined it.... I was trying to make him feel good about it :cool:

OldGeek

I beg your pardon, but what is it that you are on about... that you want to feel "secure" when you are being watched... or that you want to BE secure... and remove the "watchers.

Again.,, forgive me,,, but this subject of Windows 11 and regaling me about how you discover this and that and the other truly entertains me... how they "watch" you and this and that and the other... *chuckle*

If you are THERE... then YOU'VE GOT IT already~ and any discussion on the matter is MOOT!

Does this make sense... and if not, then I will appreciate a challenge in opposition to your seeming love for Windows 11... and yet at the same time... our utter WONDERMENT at how you can seemingly seem to be OFF-GRID to a system which you embrace,,, which simply does not allow that... ONCE YOU EAT OF ITS FRUIT!

All the every best to yo and yours... and please... forgive me of my "cheekiness"... *chuckle

Back