• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Samsung unveils Galaxy Book3 series, its latest flagship Windows 11 lineup

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

TWF Bot

Staff member
Nov 29, 2020
Samsung has unveiled its latest flagship Windows 11 PC lineup: the Galaxy Book3 series, led by the company’s new premium PC: Galaxy Book3 Ultra. The Galaxy Book3 Pro 360 features a 2-in-1 convertible form factor with touch screen and S Pen functionality, while the Galaxy Book3 Pro is the thinnest and lightest clamshell device in its lineup. Samsung designed this series for those who need multi-device connectivity and premium hardware to supercharge their productivity and creativity.
Three laptops open in different modes on three pedestals
Enjoy seamless phone-to-PC connectivity with the new Link to Windows/Phone Link feature. Look up the price of a flight on your phone then buy it on your Samsung Windows PC through Recent Websites, as it continues web browser sessions from your phone to your PC. Instant Hotspot enables connection to wireless hotspots with just one click.[1] Create a multi-screen work environment and end the distraction of jumping between devices. With the new Samsung Multi Control feature, you control your PC, smartphone and tablet with the Galaxy Book3 keyboard and trackpad, enabling you to copy, paste or drag-and-drop between devices, while Second Screen turns your Galaxy Tab into an additional monitor with a single click. Automatically transfer pro-grade photos taken using Expert RAW on your Galaxy smartphone to Galaxy Book3 series and edit them in Adobe Lightroom.[2] In addition to Windows 11, the Galaxy Book3 Ultra has the latest 13th Gen Intel Core i9 processor, making it the fastest Galaxy Book to date, as well as the NVIDIA RTX Geforce 4070 laptop GPU, providing studio-grade graphics to enhance both creative projects and the gaming experience. For the first time, Samsung’s Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display – first used in the Galaxy premium smartphone lineup display – is featured in the Galaxy Book3 Ultra and Pro series. On Feb. 17, the new Galaxy Book3 series will be available starting with the Galaxy Book3 Pro and Pro360 models in select markets. Customers can now place pre-orders. Find out more about Galaxy Book3 series. [1] Users must link their Samsung Galaxy device to their Windows PC through ‘Link to Windows’ on phone and the Microsoft Phone Link App on PC and follow the set-up prompts, including being signed into the same Microsoft account. Link to Windows is preloaded on select Samsung Galaxy devices. PC (Microsoft Phone Link App) requires Windows 10 or above. Some mobile apps may restrict content to be shared on other screens. Some related features may vary by device. Microsoft Phone Link recommends Samsung Galaxy device to be on the same Wi-Fi network as the PC. 'Recent Websites' is only available when using Samsung Internet app on Samsung Galaxy smartphone with One UI 3.1.1 or above (Samsung Galaxy S, Note, Z Fold, Z Flip) and Windows PC with Windows 10 20H1 or above. Requires latest app updates to Phone Link/Link to Windows/Samsung internet. 'Instant Hotspot' is only available on Samsung Galaxy smartphone with One UI 4.1.1 and Windows PC with Windows 11 22H2 or above. Requires latest app updates to Link to Windows / Phone Link. [2] Samsung Multi Control requires updated phones with One UI 5.1, tablets with One UI 4.1 or higher versions and works on Galaxy Book series devices released in 2021 or later with either Samsung Settings v1.5 (Intel) or Samsung Settings v3.3 (ARM). Some models may have limited feature support. Second Screen requires Galaxy Tab S7, S7+ and S7 FE with One UI 3.1 or higher, and S8, S8+ and S8 Ultra. PCs with Wireless Display and Windows 10 v.2004 or higher are required. Expert RAW must be downloaded separately from the Galaxy Store, for free, before use. Expert RAW app is available on Galaxy S23 series (S23 Ultra, S23+, S23), Galaxy S22 Series (S22 Ultra/S22+/S22), S21 Ultra, S20 Ultra, Z Fold4, Z Fold 3, Z Fold 2, Note 20 Ultra.

Continue reading...

OK from a whole lot of experience with Windows 10 on a tablet, I can share my feelings in two words, It Sucks! If you hang a bluetooth keyboard and mouse on it, it gets better , but hey, then it's a laptop.
Anybody else see Microsoft trying to get all cuddly with the Android crew, esp. Samsung? I guess they have finally dashed all hopes of ever producing a Windows Phone again. So pretty soon it's going to be on the consumer level Apple VS. the rest of the world united. Kind of reminds you of the geopolitical world climate lately.
In a way Android (and it's second cousin Google) and WIndows make strange bedfellows. The combined economic power and the fact that you are placing a more or less hardware manufacturer against just about every other aspect of the consumer IT market means there may be a strange war in the making.
One of the preparations are being made by Apple is moving Asian manufacturing out of China and into Viet Nam. Maybe I am ignorant of the country (and I am) but where is India in this equation? Is transportation a bottle neck for manufacturing expansion because of the terrain? They sure have enough hands and great minds to pull it off, so something's going on. I had a very good well-educated friend from India at my last employer, we worked together often. I could never pin him down on that answer, it was always very vague.
The only semi-conductors the US will produce are very expensive and defense related. The words "economically produced" and US organized labor will never go together. Organized labor for that matter outside of trade unions are setting themselves up for a great fall. All this post-pandemic organization is going to require inflation to go crazy to keep up with the excess money being handed out. It was fine when all the governments were handing out money, but that train is coming to the end of the line. This is going to force business to take a hard look at their bottom line and we all know what happens next. I never got swept up in that madness, I hunkered down and got to spend a heck of a lot of time outside hiking and other stuff that costs almost nothing, some of the best large blocks of time in my adult life. I was never really unemployed during the whole mess but my hours were curtailed forcing me to leave. I am glad because I don't have to go into the big city and try not to get shot any more.

Back