• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 Seeking Help in Free upgradation of Windows 10 Home Single Language to Professional

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

E

exogeneric

Dear all,

Thanks for allowing me in here, this being my first post. Recently I came across a tutorial to upgrade my Windows 10 Home Single Language laptops to Windows 10 Pro. I used widely available Windows 10 Pro Key : VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T for the process, while one of my Laptops went through upgradation without any glitches, the other is showing problem. Both the laptops were purchased with pre-installed Windows 8 and were subsequently upgraded to Windows 10.
Using the above license, the error code I received is this:- https://tinyurl.com/y8grzt5p
The error code is in Russian [system language of the laptop] reads something like ""we can't activate windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key, try using another key" So, I checked the Windows version running in this Laptop and found it activated with digital licence, here it is:- https://tinyurl.com/y9vbtmyp;

Please let me know what to do next for this laptop having Russian as system language, as it already has activated version of Windows 10 but still says the Product Key is invalid. It would be really nice if anyone of you could give me a solution to that. Thanks in advance.

Dear all,

Thanks for allowing me in here, this being my first post. Recently I came across a tutorial to upgrade my Windows 10 Home Single Language laptops to Windows 10 Pro. I used widely available Windows 10 Pro Key : <removed> for the process, while one of my Laptops went through upgradation without any glitches, the other is showing problem. Both the laptops were purchased with pre-installed Windows 8 and were subsequently upgraded to Windows 10.
Using the above license, the error code I received is this:- https://tinyurl.com/y8grzt5p
The error code is in Russian [system language of the laptop] reads something like ""we can't activate windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key, try using another key" So, I checked the Windows version running in this Laptop and found it activated with digital licence, here it is:- https://tinyurl.com/y9vbtmyp;

Please let me know what to do next for this laptop having Russian as system language, as it already has activated version of Windows 10 but still says the Product Key is invalid. It would be really nice if anyone of you could give me a solution to that. Thanks in advance.
OK Well here's are happening if I understand what you are saying. I don't understand Russian and since it's a screenshot I can't use a translator.
1. You didn't mention what version of Windows 8 was originally installed on laptop. From what I understand it was home edition. So OK you can upgrade to Windows 10 or do a fresh install of Windows 10 HOME edition. You can install the copy with whatever language Microsoft offers. Windows 10 will validate online using the license embedded in the laptop's BIOS.
2. Now I think here's the answer to your question.
It appears you are trying to convert your validated OEM copy of Windows 10 home into the Pro version using a pirated Pro license key from wherever. It's not going to work. If you have to have the Pro version of Windows 10 you can do 1 of 2 things. Both options require a fresh Windows 10.
a.) Find yourself a Windows 7 Pro key on a discarded system. This are pretty easy to find. Enter this key during a fresh install using a Windows 10 ISO downloaded from Microsoft. This is by far the preferred method. I doubt the key you mention will validate as a legit license.
b.) You can go the pirate KMS route. Have a look on a torrent index site. Some of the versions include Office integrated. I have never had to go that route but it must work.

So to answer your original question there is no way I know of to turn a validated OEM copy of Windows 10 home edition into the Pro version using a pirate key. The problem is you have already activated your copy with the laptop's embedded license key. Only an appropriate legit key will convert that copy to Pro. I always have to ask why do you think you need the Pro version? Unless you are on a domain it's rarely necessary. All my Windows systems are Pro but only because they are commercial grade equipment and I get them all for free. Home would be just fine for me too.

OK Well here's are happening if I understand what you are saying. I don't understand Russian and since it's a screenshot I can't use a translator.
1. You didn't mention what version of Windows 8 was originally installed on laptop. From what I understand it was home edition. So OK you can upgrade to Windows 10 or do a fresh install of Windows 10 HOME edition. You can install the copy with whatever language Microsoft offers. Windows 10 will validate online using the license embedded in the laptop's BIOS.
2. Now I think here's the answer to your question.
It appears you are trying to convert your validated OEM copy of Windows 10 home into the Pro version using a pirated Pro license key from wherever. It's not going to work. If you have to have the Pro version of Windows 10 you can do 1 of 2 things. Both options require a fresh Windows 10.
a.) Find yourself a Windows 7 Pro key on a discarded system. This are pretty easy to find. Enter this key during a fresh install using a Windows 10 ISO downloaded from Microsoft. This is by far the preferred method. I doubt the key you mention will validate as a legit license.
b.) You can go the pirate KMS route. Have a look on a torrent index site. Some of the versions include Office integrated. I have never had to go that route but it must work.

So to answer your original question there is no way I know of to turn a validated OEM copy of Windows 10 home edition into the Pro version using a pirate key. The problem is you have already activated your copy with the laptop's embedded license key. Only an appropriate legit key will convert that copy to Pro. I always have to ask why do you think you need the Pro version? Unless you are on a domain it's rarely necessary. All my Windows systems are Pro but only because they are commercial grade equipment and I get them all for free. Home would be just fine for me too.

Thanks a lot for taking time out to get into this, I really appreciate that a lot.
I will try to answer your questions first, the only reason why I wish to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro is, my present laptop is Windows 10 Home Single Language with Russian as the interface language which I want to change to Eng-US. I tried every other trick known to do that, but failed as this version doen't allow any other language as interface. So, my only hope is to upgade it, if possible.

About the version of Windows 8 was originally installed on laptop, yes you are correct, it was Home version of course. Surprisingly,I tried this trick on two laptops, one of which really upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home Single Language without any glitch, but this one with Russian as interface language is showing error and getting struck!

Lastly, is it possible to do a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro after downloading the ISO and to run the ISO file from the USB drive right on top of the existing Windows 10 Home Single version? If so, any link that you may refer as a guide?
Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Thanks a lot for taking time out to get into this, I really appreciate that a lot.
I will try to answer your questions first, the only reason why I wish to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro is, my present laptop is Windows 10 Home Single Language with Russian as the interface language which I want to change to Eng-US. I tried every other trick known to do that, but failed as this version doen't allow any other language as interface. So, my only hope is to upgade it, if possible.

About the version of Windows 8 was originally installed on laptop, yes you are correct, it was Home version of course. Surprisingly,I tried this trick on two laptops, one of which really upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home Single Language without any glitch, but this one with Russian as interface language is showing error and getting struck!

Lastly, is it possible to do a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro after downloading the ISO and to run the ISO file from the USB drive right on top of the existing Windows 10 Home Single version? If so, any link that you may refer as a guide?
Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Well yes but you are making this a great deal more complicated than it needs to be.
I am not sure why you think your embedded Windows key is locked to a single language. It's not at all. Windows 10 home bootable ISO can be downloaded onto a USB flash drive directly from Microsoft. Because your key is embedded simply select "I don't have a product key" during the install also select English to have the default language in English. I am thinking you may be using the OEM recovery partition to reload your system. You no longer need that partition. I would wipe the entire hard drive and start fresh, the ISO you have downloaded from Microsoft will activate on line. If you desire later you can always go to Microsoft and download the Russian language pack and install it on a Windows 10 Home Edition. The big plus is your operating system is completely legit. Once you have the install done it's always a great idea to use any of a number of programs to mirror a copy of your O/S. That makes future O/S re-installs painless.

Well yes but you are making this a great deal more complicated than it needs to be.
I am not sure why you think your embedded Windows key is locked to a single language. It's not at all. Windows 10 home bootable ISO can be downloaded onto a USB flash drive directly from Microsoft. Because your key is embedded simply select "I don't have a product key" during the install also select English to have the default language in English. I am thinking you may be using the OEM recovery partition to reload your system. You no longer need that partition. I would wipe the entire hard drive and start fresh, the ISO you have downloaded from Microsoft will activate on line. If you desire later you can always go to Microsoft and download the Russian language pack and install it on a Windows 10 Home Edition. The big plus is your operating system is completely legit. Once you have the install done it's always a great idea to use any of a number of programs to mirror a copy of your O/S. That makes future O/S re-installs painless.

I tried doing a fresh download from Microsoft website using the Media Creation tool 2004 onto a USB flash drive and after running it, I received something something like this:-
Screen Shot.jpg
I repeated this process more than once but each time it got struck at this very point. Do you think there is any solution to this?

I tried doing a fresh download from Microsoft website using the Media Creation tool 2004 onto a USB flash drive and after running it, I received something something like this:-
View attachment 5300
I repeated this process more than once but each time it got struck at this very point. Do you think there is any solution to this?
It looks like Microsoft doesn't like something about the copy of Windows on the system you are using to download the ISO with. I suspect it's one of the systems you used that key you mentioned to upgrade. That's why it's always good to have a legit Windows O/S installed.
You can either use another system to create the USB stick or download a copy of the ISO from the torrents, clean copies of Windows 10 are available on torrents. Those are your only options I am aware of. I can't find any other sources to download the ISO from.
If you do end up getting the ISO you will need RUFUS to create a bootable USB drive. Use a search engine for directions. The directions out there are written by people who know a great deal more than I do on that subject.

Thanks a lot for the advice.
I will try to download it from the torrent then.

well, the best advice is: don't bother
use linux instead
windows is useful for playing games, and if you need to run ms office for work, i.e. they won't accept you using LibreOffice
and
there isn't really any great benefit to using MS windows or office over other software
in fact
you could say it is a loss because it chains you to the paradigm of the system lords
i bought windows 10, but why spend more for 'pro'? i just don't want it

Back