• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Shopping For A New A/V?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
I've got ~75 days left on my Kaspersky sub. Dunno what to do. I have A/V's that are in your face, that's why I gave my Bitdefender Sub to my GF. I used to like Webroot, seems the wheels have some off them. I may renew Kaspersky if I can find a deal, otherwise I may fall back o Windows Defender and see if it doesn't drive me nuts.
So what are the members here using? Don't be shy.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

I've got ~75 days left on my Kaspersky sub. Dunno what to do. I have A/V's that are in your face, that's why I gave my Bitdefender Sub to my GF. I used to like Webroot, seems the wheels have some off them. I may renew Kaspersky if I can find a deal, otherwise I may fall back o Windows Defender and see if it doesn't drive me nuts.
So what are the members here using? Don't be shy.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Used symantec endpoint protection in alot of machines, works pretty good. Bitdefender may be one option too.

I should add something annoying happens when I initially loaded Kaspersky and I have no reason to think other A/V's may behave the same way. Some time ago I purchased a lifetime subscription to Sticky Password.
Between work and personal accounts I had a pantload of passwords to keep track of. I would rather have a variety of passwords for those sites. So Kaspersky wouldn't even load when I had Sticky loaded. I had to uninstall before loading and then reload Sticky. Kaspersky wanted me to pay to use their own password keeper. Screw that. They are an A/V.
I see that is becoming a practice amoung A/V's lately. Granted I paid very little for Sticky. When I asked Sticky about it they told me "Well you have a lifetime sub, take it up with Kaspersy". I guess that's what I get for paying very little for my Sticky sub.
It kind of bothers me that password keepers are tied to A/V's. That kind of locks you into paying for the A/V, doesn't it. By the way, I have always used a free A/V or paid for it. It seems like Russian roulette using a cracked A/V, it's just common sense to me.

So after some serious homework I have come to this conclusion. Stick with Microsoft A/V and have Super Antispyware. Microsoft A/V needs to have the real-time protection henever you are playing with sketchy stuff, it really sucks up CPU cycles. So that's it for now, this is supposed to be a pretty bulletproof setup. We shall see. The price is right. It's just not worth paying for A/V's in 2024.

Always REMEMBER THIS back when MS came out with Super Antispyware. the same server MS was giving the bug to everyone in fact a bunch of techs attacked the server until they removed the bug that was forcing people to pay them to remove the same bug they were giving everyone.

Always REMEMBER THIS back when MS came out with Super Antispyware. the same server MS was giving the bug to everyone in fact a bunch of techs attacked the server until they removed the bug that was forcing people to pay them to remove the same bug they were giving everyone.
Gotta love Microsoft. I have come to the conclusion that the best deal for me is Windows Security (ugh) and the free version of Super Antispyware. Malwarebytes has become really annoying. I use webmail so that's my first defense and I keep a clean back up of my systems all programs included off-line should they be needed.

Back