• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Some Windows 11 ISOs are badly infected

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Be careful out there. Problem is the ISO file is too big for the likes of Virustotal. I'd stick to 1337x and read the replies carefully before making the leap.
Does this mean that the files are modified internally to include the virus or is a installer placed in the root of the iso? If this is the case burning the iso into a flash should not affect. Anyways i have seen lately some pay per install (ppi) sites are distributing adware files with .iso.

Does this mean that the files are modified internally to include the virus or is a installer placed in the root of the iso? If this is the case burning the iso into a flash should not affect. Anyways i have seen lately some pay per install (ppi) sites are distributing adware files with .iso.
Well according to this:
and Kaspersky there still is no Windows 11 ISO released by M/S thru the Windows insider or anywhere else. So what you are seeing is something somebody put together. One threat is mentioned in the article but really you could package whatever you want. The author seems pretty confident that Windows Security or whatever will ID a problem, but who knows for sure?
That's why the comments section of 1337x has always been my friend.

Last edited:
window 8.1 to window 11 upgrade isn't available through Windows update.
it's possible to upgrade from window 10 to 11.

Back