• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Stay up to date with news and interests

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Stay up to date with news and interests
Windows 10
News and interests on the taskbar provides easy access to information that’s important to you, without the distraction of switching between apps, websites, and other devices. View your location’s current weather conditions directly on your taskbar and hover over the icon to see concise, scannable information—from sports and stocks to local news and breaking headlines.

news and interests flyout

Get started with news and interests

When you select or hover on the weather icon in your taskbar, you will open news and interests. From here you will see content covering the news, weather, traffic and more. Content will update throughout the day and keep you up to date.

Choose how the weather looks on your taskbar
Open your feed on hover
Reduce taskbar updates
Turn news and interests feature on and off
Edit your location or language
Personalizing your feed
News and interests shows you content on a variety of topics. Each topic—top stories, weather, sports, stocks, and traffic—is contained within an information card and will update over time.

Select and switch Microsoft Edge profiles
Manage your interests and followed sources
Choose the stories you like
Turn information cards on and off
Frequently asked questions
I don’t see this feature yet. How do I get access to it?
How is my location determined?
Can I hide a publisher?
Why isn’t personalization working as expected?
How can I adjust my privacy settings?
I have suggestions for improvements. How do I send feedback?

Get started with news and interests, choose how weather looks on your taskbar, turn it on and off, personalize your feed and choose interests and followed publishers.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuk. The world according to Microsoft, just as bad as the world according to Google, Yahoo, etc. No thank you.

Back