• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

That Windows Upgrade Problem

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
I just interviewed for an IT position at a public school system. I didn't get the position whch for me is a good thing, it's really not how I function.
So one of the questions I brought up to 3 of their administrators was where are you with Windows 11 and what are your plans? I got some really weird answers and since I interviewed they are now looking for a new systems administrators. I am wondering since
(a) This was sprung on them during covid which was a real mess for any large IT installation. They had dedicated all their resources into remote computing.
(b) The upgrades are closing in and the IT departments haven't been allocated the enormous funding for hardware and software updates.
The bomb is ticking, it's going to be fun when it goes off. I think I may concentrate on eWaste recycling. It's going to be a big industry soon.

So what do the members see going on from their perspective?

I just thought I might add, exactly how much has the raw computing ability of Windows improved once Windows users adopted 64 bit computing. OK I will absolutely agree that Windows 8 and 8.1 were complete abortions and no one would touch the new machines so Windows 10 quickly showed up. Unless my mind is failing wasn't Windows 10 initially billed as a step backwards to Windows 7 style although it did bring 64 bit computing to the mainstream which was one heck of a step forward. Everyone can agree on that.

FYI for the record when I entered the computer repair, refurbishment, network management, 32 bit XP was the big deal, P3's were the performance leaders and WD black 8GB hard drives were the standard. Don't forget all the 32 bit maximum memory addressing constraints. Coding was lean and mean back in those days although nothing like the 8bit DOS days. You gays have been saying you are old time techs, right?

Last edited:
Back