• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

The Benefits of Using VPN Services

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ericjohn

Jul 31, 2023
I am addicted to playing games and gained the greatest score of many. My partner suggested me use VPN to be extra protected so that my ID won't be hacked by anyone. Is that right? How can VPN benefit anyone?

A VPN will mask the MAC and the public facing ISP's IP of your system. It more or less makes you anonymous. They don't really protect you from invasions, that's more the function of your A/V, firewall and secondary ad/script blocking extensions.

ericjohn I have been a DCS flight simulator addict for several years. Between VAST terrains, accurate physics, real clouds, smoke,etc. I'm sure there's GB's per second flying through my broadband cable and of course GPU and CPU. I'd just left my ExpressVPN client running continuously but began to experience both lag and the DCS client just quitting.
In terms of tech support, DCS is amazing with fast response and accuracy of solutions. They determined from my log file that my VPN should be turned off, making good common sense to me.
Wish I could come up with an expert answer, and to answer your question with questions :) but in terms of concern over hacking your user account, I wonder if a really strong password could always help regardless of the application? Is it worth a hacker's time to attempt to decrypt a long password that is case sensitive and also using special characters, etc.? Can any hacker bypass the password altogether?

I am addicted to playing games and gained the greatest score of many. My partner suggested me use VPN to be extra protected so that my ID won't be hacked by anyone. Is that right? How can VPN benefit anyone?
Good question, don't use VPNs if you are legit. (Not using cracked version, etc). VPNs tend to slowdown the connection and may lag your gameplay. If you are looking for a VPN then try buying on my link, PureVPN is good.

Back