• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

upgrade ram issue!??

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Already did this idk I just popped the back off n put a 4 gb stick in place of a 2gb and it powers on but the screen is completely blacked out

Sounds like either the 4GB module is bad or out of spec for your system. Can you test the module in another system? Does the manual give you guidelines for RAM? Some chipsets are really touchy so be sure you have the latest BIOS update. Typically it's a bad or out of spec module. I take it system will POST and run if the 2GB module is swapped back in.

Sounds like either the 4GB module is bad or out of spec for your system. Can you test the module in another system? Does the manual give you guidelines for RAM? Some chipsets are really touchy so be sure you have the latest BIOS update. Typically it's a bad or out of spec module. I take it system will POST and run if the 2GB module is swapped back in.
Idk I have misplaced the old sticks I took out and my laptops been outta commission ever since

Back