• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Use a proxy server in Windows

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

It's a great guide, and thank you for posting it! Anyway, I would like to share an easy alternative for using a proxy server. First, open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I on your keyboard. Then, click on the "Network & Internet" category. Next, click on the "Proxy" tab on the left side of the window. Then, on the right side of the window, toggle the "Use a proxy server" switch to "On." After that, enter the address of the proxy server you want to connect to in the "Address" field and the port number in the "Port" field. For this, you have to rent a proxy server. I use the ones from https://shiftproxy.io. Then, click the "Save" button. And that's it! You should now be connected to the proxy server.

Last edited:
In the "good ol' days" VPNs weren't really available, so we were left to use proxies. Proxies have so many inherent weaknesses. The big difference is VPN providers tend to lease space on tens to hundreds of POP servers. Proxies are basically a relay between you and the IP you are connecting to. The two drawbacks are two. A public proxy many times is no more than a honey pot trojan horse. Law enforcement gets an easy bust. Even as bad if it is a private paid proxy, then there is a paper trail leading right back to your doorstep.
It's 2022. stick to VPNs.

Latest posts

Back