• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Which is the Productivity App for Multitasking in Windows 11?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

zubair.arshad

Oct 6, 2021
With the increased digitization and innovation, the use of computers is gaining ground. COVID-19 has accelerated the use of computers with virtual learning programs and transformation to work-from-home. Amid this, there are certain challenges that need to be addressed when it comes to ensuring enhanced productivity at work. Identify the tasks that used to take an equal amount of time every day such as restore browsers, arrange apps, reopen MS files, manage multiple profiles, and so on.

The struggle is real when there is more than one user of the same PC. It becomes challenging to manage the tasks and activities of each user efficiently on one PC. This affects your productivity at work as you spend most of the time arranging, managing, and restoring the apps. So let’s see how SmartWindows is a one-stop solution to improve your productivity at work.

Ways How SmartWindows Increased Productivity

In this world of automation, we need to update our ways of working. For instance, you invest a significant amount of time in the tasks that you can do in the blink of an eye. Technology has a solution to everything. Similarly, SmartWindows is feature-rich productivity software that makes your Windows 11 smarter by eliminating the overhead of manual tasks.

1. Separate Work-Life from Entertainment Life

If you are using one PC for learning, gaming, and working purposes, it is crucially important to make its use efficient. When all the data, browsers, execution files, extensions, and documents are jumbled up in each other, it becomes difficult to find the one you are looking for. Also, when you immediately need some files, you would have to dive into the huge mess of files that could be very tedious and time-consuming.

To avoid wastage of time, the best way is to separate your work life from entertainment. This could be done by dedicating separate profiles to your work and entertainment-related activities. By separating the user profiles, you can make efficient use of browsers and desktop apps. SmartWindows allows you to create unlimited profiles. So, in the work profile, you can open:
  • Multiple browser windows for research purposes.
  • MS Office files such as Word or Powerpoint.
  • IDEs for programming.
  • Photoshop or Illustration for designing.
  • And more...
Similarly, an entertainment profile could be used to:
  • Watch Netflix
  • Play games
  • Listen to music
  • Stream and watch YouTube
  • Shop online
  • Use Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.
And more...

You can use and arrange the apps on the desktop screen in each profile according to your liking. SmartWindows saves the screen configuration and you can restore them anytime on one or many profiles. It makes your Windows 11 smarter by allowing Windows 11 to save window positions and size.

1. Auto-Arrange the Apps

SmartWindows auto-arranges the desktop apps at exactly the same display position and window size as you saved before shutting down your computer. So, when you arrange the desktop apps for the first time, you do not need to do it, again and again, every time you start up your PC. No matter how many profiles or displays you are working on, SmartWindows remembers the screen configuration and restores your apps intelligently. This saves up most of your time every day and gives you a very fresh morning to get started.

1. Auto-Restore Browsers

We accidentally close the tabs or entire browser window when you are struggling to find a tab between the mess. An accidental click on ‘X’ closes your browser window and then you start looking for hacks that could restore the browser. SmartWindows eliminate this headache by giving you multi-browser and multi-tab support. It maintains an active tab history and remembers the URLs. Also, it restores the browsers on one or many browser windows with just a single click.

1. Create Multiple Profiles/Displays

SmartWindows supports multiple profiles and displays with the same number of features. You can create up to 6 displays and unlimited profiles with SmartWindows. Separate work zones and organized setup help you increase productivity at work. The Auto-restoration and auto-arrangement feature of SmartWindows gives Windows 11 users more hands at work.

So what are you waiting for?

Make your Windows 11 smarter enough to increase productivity!

Personally it is my belief that allowing non-work activities on a system that is used for a work at home scenario is suicide. It's not a case of if, it's when. It just provides yet another portal into a company's environment. With the costs of a PC trivial to the amount of damage a compromised system can bring to a company, if I was a System Administrator I would lock down my remote network, allow only systems I personally registered and make sure that those systems had very strict user privileges allowing only work related activities.
Based upon the industry, laws may require that a remote work system have it's own Internet connection to the NOC and not a bad idea otherwise. Frankly any other configuration is a fly hovering the highway waiting for a windshield.

Personally it is my belief that allowing non-work activities on a system that is used for a work at home scenario is suicide. It's not a case of if, it's when. It just provides yet another portal into a company's environment. With the costs of a PC trivial to the amount of damage a compromised system can bring to a company, if I was a System Administrator I would lock down my remote network, allow only systems I personally registered and make sure that those systems had very strict user privileges allowing only work related activities.
Based upon the industry, laws may require that a remote work system have it's own Internet connection to the NOC and not a bad idea otherwise. Frankly any other configuration is a fly hovering the highway waiting for a windshield.
That's a very logical answer.

I read an article this week which brought up a very good point. As computing and communications including collaboration move into the cloud, it raises some very good questions. One of the main driving forces is the recurring revenue drive every software publishers are pushing for, the stockholders and capital investment firms love it.
Here's the big problem. Most of these services rely on a constant reliable internet connection, many times that means whatever the local ISP may be. T1's and their bigger brothers are becoming very expensive and fading into the past. So basically, right now here's an internet structure that is fairly fragile and extremely vulnerable to attack. That means when your line to the NOC goes down, you have cellular and 5G if you are lucky and that can sketchy in many suburban areas.
In the past you just kept working and when the line came back up you sent your file to a remote server. Something to think about. Voice service was POTS over copper.
I am now working on the hardware side of this new technology and hardware wise it's pretty complicated when you unify all those services into the cloud. It all sounds good right now but some huge safeguards and much more redundancy really needs to be implemented for this to be a real solution in the future.

Latest posts

Back