• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Window 11 OS System Software getting worse?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Windows 11

• Yea - I like it

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Nay - take me back

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FilliesFan42

Dec 26, 2022
Just curious of what everyone else thinks of the latest and greatest windows 11?
Growing up with XP, in my opinion each newer version keeps taking away user control and awful choices in terms of UI.
I have one system with 11 and it is just trash to navigate and a nightmare if you can't even set a PC without hashing you right from the setup - I'm not even interesting in trying anymore every upgrade takes time and the newest is an insult.

Win11 works pretty good for me too :)
I agree with Thumper 100%. It's still the same Kernel and file system. The GUI has changed and that takes some getting used to. Granted stuff that you were used to finding in one spot or a series of keyboard entries changes, it's for the most part still there. Microsoft keeps tightening up the rules for drivers in an attempt to minimize blue screens Some OEMs have taken advantage of that and pushed some of their older hardware into early obsolescence, keep that in mind when looking for a replacement.
Bottom line is this has been a Microsoft initiative for years now, that is develop a user interface that will retain it's function ability and be identifiable across platforms. To their credit Win 8 was the first attempt and Win 11 has come a long way baby.

Back