• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Shed Man

Dec 23, 2020
Got a query, I formatted my computer and got all working as sweet as a nut, running like a well oiled sewing machine. Microsoft Windows 10, Yesterday, all was ok until the machine asked to be restarted, I did and bugger me it all went tits up. Everything, wanted me to register and put my passwords in. I was devastated, left it overnight couldn't be bothered. today back to perfect again. WHY, HOW? Has obviously damaged my confidence but please anyone in simple language please what could go wrong.

I have seen Windows updates cause issues like this or when rebooted it starts the process like you just installed and after a few clicks it opens the desktop as if nothing happened. And yes when we usually get past the steps like a new install then all is VIOLA.

Sounds like when you fired it up for the first update it was in the middle of the first of two major updates. Windows has been around for quite some time now and has been thru at least a couple of what the used to call Service Packs, now it's a numbering convention. It happened because it was a fresh install and had some big updates do get it current. Halfway thru it was acting odd on the way to updating to the current version.

Back