• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 11 lite (Or other synonyms)

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Jul 25, 2021
Hey everyone,

Not sure if this has previously been discussed, as I've had a quick search of the forum and not found much.

Is a safe version of a Windows 11 lite a thing?

I've just purchased three entry level Lenovo Windows 11 Home laptops for my kids schooling (I don't really like Chromebooks) and to help boot speed and general running of the laptops, I was thinking about installing Windows 11 lite. Have just been reading on some comment sections of a few magnet links and not a lot of great things are being said about their security/viruses/vulnerabilities and false false positives (double negative there)... Was hoping to get some thoughts from the forum here about it? If anyone is knowledgable on the subject?

Would to hear back from anyone. Thanks in advance! :)

Honestly lite versions are just a stripped to the bones, no-frills version of an OS. If that's what you want I would think Win 10 versions would be better. Since Win 7 not a whole lot has gone on under thr hood, just frills and restrictions of drivers and stuff, some of it needed security enhancements. After all, it's still the same kernal and file system with 10 still receiving updates although many for both versions are just plugging up holes in the enhancements. That's my take and I am sure there are others. Win 11 GUI is not my favorite at all.

Honestly lite versions are just a stripped to the bones, no-frills version of an OS. If that's what you want I would think Win 10 versions would be better. Since Win 7 not a whole lot has gone on under thr hood, just frills and restrictions of drivers and stuff, some of it needed security enhancements. After all, it's still the same kernal and file system with 10 still receiving updates although many for both versions are just plugging up holes in the enhancements. That's my take and I am sure there are others. Win 11 GUI is not my favorite at all.
Thanks so much for your reply. Appreciate the insight. The only reason I'm looking at a lighter OS is so that the laptops I purchased can run a bit better as they are only AMD 3015e CPUs with 8GB RAM. But at the same time, I don't want to leave the security as swiss cheese. I don't mind Windows 10. Would you say full Windows 10 is better than Windows 11 lite for a good balance of performance and security?

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this has previously been discussed, as I've had a quick search of the forum and not found much.

Is a safe version of a Windows 11 lite a thing?

I've just purchased three entry level Lenovo Windows 11 Home laptops for my kids schooling (I don't really like Chromebooks) and to help boot speed and general running of the laptops, I was thinking about installing Windows 11 lite. Have just been reading on some comment sections of a few magnet links and not a lot of great things are being said about their security/viruses/vulnerabilities and false false positives (double negative there)... Was hoping to get some thoughts from the forum here about it? If anyone is knowledgable on the subject?

Would to hear back from anyone. Thanks in advance! :)
Sorry for the late input, new to the forum.
No expert by any means, and I know youre referring to windows 11, nothing that i know of besides an unbloated windows OS for 11.

But for 10, when i was still scared of linux and needed an OS for some burner laptops I would use TINY10, have a quick search in youtube for Tiny10 os if that floats ya boat, if not just get linux distro, there are a few that can give a very "windows like" experience if thats what youre after

Back