• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 11 x64 NO DEFENDER

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Muchofreeo

Jun 21, 2022
My friend bought a new HP AIO with Windows 11 x64 it has NO DEFENDER.
Where can I get this operating system? I Hate Defender.
I am on windows insider program, it has defender. I Hate It!!
Any ideas how I can get the same Windows 11 with No Defender?
Thinking about Aconis True Image with external hard drive and
changing her bios to boot from disc and cloning her new computer.
Would rather find it somewhere else, but if I have to, I will.

Why do you "hate" Windows Defender?
I don't get that.

for the rest:

How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Defender in Windows 11

You can disable Windows Defender realtime protection and use your computer normally. Exactly where is this feature i don't know. Grab a piece of malicious code like Eicar and save on your disc. If Windows Defender is working it should popup the virus alert, from there, click option and disable realtime protection of Windows Defender.

You can disable Windows Defender realtime protection and use your computer normally. Exactly where is this feature i don't know. Grab a piece of malicious code like Eicar and save on your disc. If Windows Defender is working it should popup the virus alert, from there, click option and disable realtime protection of Windows Defender.
RegEdit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Policies->Microsoft->Windows Defender

Make A New D-Word:
DisableAntiSpyware
Value 1

If there are any other D-Words in your registry, change their value.
1 = on
2 = off

Enjoy!

I'd like to know also why you hate it. I use defender and malwarebytes and have had no problems.
It is kind of invasive. It digs in pretty far into your web activities. It's also way, way too sensitive to anything having to do with cracks or some pirated program. Being an antivirus is one thing, being the software police is quite another. I am not that hot on how the firewall conducts itself, too many arbitrary conditions.
That being said all those caveats really pertain to advanced users and I understand the average user is better off just being denied actions that could potentially cause trouble.
I prefer using all third party security programs that allow me, the user the ability to make the decisions, but I would like to think I know what I am doing.
Back to the OP question, I find it very hard to believe an OEM stripped out Windows Security (nee: Defender) on their system. I would think that it's more a case of the OEM shipping a trial of a security program with the new machine and Windows Security is no longer the primary security suite.

Why is it hard to believe Mi©®o$oft™ offers boxes with "Defender?" They know that some people want a functional computer.

I don't hate it at all. Quite the opposite actually.
My NUC5i5 VESA'd behind my TV on the wall doesn't have enough CPU power to have Defender's Real-Time Protection. The i5-5250U was hitting 100% utilization. I turned off Real-time Protection & it's had no problem fulfilling whatever task I throw at it. Even playing a 4K mkv. Not even a single frame lost.
As for Cloud Protection, I don't like the idea of Contoso scanning & logging every BYTE that comes & goes from your Windows build to whatever location on the World Wide Web.
Especially now with Cryptocurrency information & a VPN doesn't make any difference as the BYTES are going from your registered Windows Product Key, through Defender's portals on your workstation to their Servers than to your original destination.

I don't hate it at all. Quite the opposite actually.
My NUC5i5 VESA'd behind my TV on the wall doesn't have enough CPU power to have Defender's Real-Time Protection. The i5-5250U was hitting 100% utilization. I turned off Real-time Protection & it's had no problem fulfilling whatever task I throw at it. Even playing a 4K mkv. Not even a single frame lost.
As for Cloud Protection, I don't like the idea of Contoso scanning & logging every BYTE that comes & goes from your Windows build to whatever location on the World Wide Web.
Especially now with Cryptocurrency information & a VPN doesn't make any difference as the BYTES are going from your registered Windows Product Key, through Defender's portals on your workstation to their Servers than to your original destination.
I like the way it looks & it is not resource demanding but it doesn't actually do anything. There isn't a variety of viruses or trojans etc.. blah blah out there. Steve Harvey is a snake oil salesman. Anti-virus/Antispyware has always been a scam, that's why there have been so many free ones. It's that simple, hard to believe maybe but true.

I did it myself in the Registry &/or Group Policy. The app's & scripts I came across seemed too risky.
I have no problem with my app. Use ones and forget it the app and defender. Problem wit Defender is you can not control what it delete. With Comodo or Kaspersky I can retrieve if something is deleted. With Defender is for good.

9apps
cartoon hd

Last edited:
No kidding? That CPU is not that slow. I know Defender does get really nervous esp. when you are running some cracked stuff, KMS cracked stuff is the worst. I have noticed what you are saying, Defender is getting in the way much of the time. I was using WebRoot and it was fine. Switched to Kaspersky and lately it has been getting to be a pain. Moving on to Bitdefender for a year, I have heard so many people liking it.

Back