• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 8 boot up screen complete freeze after installing new hardware

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

BrianCa

Aug 27, 2019
So I just installed an ASUS B350 Plus, along with a Ryzen.. but now when I boot from my old HDD or my USB windows media, it just gets to the windows loading screen, the dots will do a tiny spin and then completely freeze.. I've tried turning off secure boot.. any other suggestions?
Windows 10 Generic: https://phoneringtones.info/windows-10-generic-4649.html
visit here to download ringtones free: https://phoneringtones.info/
Help!

Last edited:
So I just installed an ASUS B350 Plus, along with a Ryzen.. but now when I boot from my old HDD or my USB windows media, it just gets to the windows loading screen, the dots will do a tiny spin and then completely freeze.. I've tried turning off secure boot.. any other suggestions?
Help!
A little more info is needed. Type of HD, what O/S are you loading? (i.e. Win 10 Pro 64 bit). Where did you get the ISO you are loading the O/S from? Have you used that current combo to successfully load the O/S before?
Sorry for the 20 questions, just trying to narrow stuff down. Can you get something like MediCat or a Win PE to load (No worries if that makes no sense)

i just built a new computer, had similar issue
it turned out to be the memory
trying to run at the highest rated speed made the memory unstable, so i switched to the basic default setting, about 2/3 of the highest speed, and it works just fine; i'll get some memory that works with the motherboard someday, you have to check the compatibility list for each different memory you are shopping for, afaik (?)
also, perhaps a support forum for your motherboard may help you find the right memory
if that is the problem
try changing the memory settings, see what happens

I am starting to think this may be some random bug in Windows 10 possibly v.1903. The reason I say that is I have seen a few systems now behave like yours is. Nothing short of a fresh install of Win 10 fixes that and I have tried everything I could think of to throw at them. When you ask the system owner for info leading up to the problem, well you rarely get a straight answer. I almost always find those fix you for free programs files in the program files folder but it seems these days the majority of people would rather try to fix their system themselves. Never works but that doesn't stop them. I don't think that's the root cause of this problem and it seems so random right now.

So after some more investigation it turns that people admit it or not have been manually powering down their systems. I am not sure if they are aware of massive updates Windows 10 is doing. Some have reported their system froze (endless loop) during updates and after powering down would stall while system was loading and this seems to be the virtual common factor. Windows 10 seems to have problems with some video drivers but your guess is as good as mine. Just reporting what I have heard and seen. Not sure what version they were upgrading since their systems required a fresh install but that does clear up the problem. I do load v.1903 to avoid big updates.

As i get it, you install new system on your pc
visit here to download ringtones free: https://phoneringtones.info/
Help!
Wait, wait. You install new system on PC, then you try to load system from your old HDD or USB ?

There is no needed drivers for system on your old HDD or USB

A cheap and dirty fix the works 90% of the time is to open the device manager expand the network listing and first highlight the adapter (wireless or wired) and right click the adapter and uninstall it. Then click the action tab at the top and select scan for hardware changes. or simply restart the system.
What you have done is create a new Winsock which basically binds Windows to the Ethernet adapter. This will fix most of the problems that spyware, adware and viruses cause by subverting your Internet connection. A/V will break those bogus connections but rarely remediate the problem.
If this is the problem an "ipconfig" will return an IP of 127.x.x.x or a loopback address which means your system can't connect to the outside world.

Back