• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows Lags a lot when used after a long inactivity

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

fartermissile

Mar 10, 2022
I guess the title is pretty self-explanatory, I've been experiencing severe lags for up to 3-5 minutes when I start to use my computer after it's been lying inactive for a lot of time. Please help.

It's waking up and loading whatever was in RAM before it slept as well as resuming background activities such as antivirus, etc. If it bothers you you have a coupe of choices. If your not away from your system too long, go to power settings and turn off sleep when plugged in. Otherwise you might as well shut the system down and restart it when you return.

I guess the title is pretty self-explanatory, I've been experiencing severe lags for up to 3-5 minutes when I start to use my computer after it's been lying inactive for a lot of time. Please help.
It's better to shutdown and power on when you need.

guys, I was looking for a fix, what you two have told I already know but cannot do so.
??? What's the difference between power down and waiting for a system to spool up from hibernation? Is this a system you access remotely? Turn off hibernation then.

??? What's the difference between power down and waiting for a system to spool up from hibernation? Is this a system you access remotely? Turn off hibernation then.
sometimes I have to access it remotely, and also this system has a hdd instead of an ssd, so i don't and cant do the power on off thingy.

So you guys are telling me that there is no way to fix this RAM loading thing, despite having 16GB of Corsair Vengeance sticks?

Get HD Tune Pro from this link and scan your Hard disk for erros, if you see erros (red square) then you need to replace your hard disk.

So you guys are telling me that there is no way to fix this RAM loading thing, despite having 16GB of Corsair Vengeance sticks?
RAM has nothing to do with it. It's the transfer speed of the data path from your hard drive as it recovers into a run state. As I already mentioned, turn off sleep and hibernation, just time out the local display. It will pop right up when you access remotely, I do it all the time.
Not sure I know what kind of rig we are talking about, but most times power consumption in an idle state isn't that big a deal if you need quick access to a remote system.

Back