• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows Product Key

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Thanks for sharing.
Now for the critique...and then helpful info
1. learn to use Camtasia! You can zoom in on the command line so that we can READ IT!
2. And why not also include the command line as TEXT in your comments so that users can easily cut and paste and save to file? Instead we have to pause video, perhaps zoom in, and laboriously copy out command.

Helpful info: over the years I have used many little key finder utils. Most are limited. The BEST I have ever found is RecoverKeys... find it if you know how. See video. It can not only scan your computer, but also others on your network. Then saves all info into a database.

Office keys may still be required. Most OEM machines have a Windows license hard coded into the BIOS which is not transferrable. It's not the only way to install Windows, you can still purchase a respective version key. The old days of lifting keys off discarded systems with royalty keys on a label visibly attached to the disarded system are gone.

I'm still happy with Office 2010. I use only a fraction of the features anyway, and wonder why most ppl get newer versions since few do more than write or simple spreadsheets.
Anyway, it came with a 50 seat MAK serial, which works on every machine I have installed it on, and for a few friends. I don't think we're anywhere close to 50 installs...assuming M$ is actually still keeping count.

I'm still happy with Office 2010. I use only a fraction of the features anyway, and wonder why most ppl get newer versions since few do more than write or simple spreadsheets.
Anyway, it came with a 50 seat MAK serial, which works on every machine I have installed it on, and for a few friends. I don't think we're anywhere close to 50 installs...assuming M$ is actually still keeping count.
How true. Yes in a corperate evnvironment you need the newer suite for a whole bunch of reasons that you will never use at home. There have been a few minor changes to Word, mostly little doo-dads and minor formating additions that again as a home user are unlikely even to be aware of. Even though Outlook is far more secure than it once was, I don't need any of the features it offers. I keep my mail on an on-line server to avoid all those security concerns.

"An on-line server?"....
you mean your mails are in the cloud somewhere else? I hope you mean a server in your possession. Who knows? One day some helpful AI (like Apple uses now to scan your phone) may find "objectionable" content in your mails, and either edit/alter them, delete them, deny you access, lower your social credit score, appropriate your blockchained data, ... and so forth.

Of course that day when a Carrington level CME comes our way, all electrons will get scrambled...but in the meantime...

I prefer physical possession of my data. Mailstore backup program has both enterprise and free Home version. Monthly I run it to add most recent mails to database on my computer. (and I back up the backups monthly too to an unconnected drive).
It can also archive all online emails on servers like Gmail, etc.

Instant search within mail by phrase, to/from, dates...etc etc.
In image 2 you can see it also stored junk mails, so a wise person will empty any junk folder before backups!
MS1.png
MS2.png

I have special extremely secure email accounts as needed. The gmail stuff is just toss-out day to day stuff that I don't care who sees. Gmail does have a fairly accurate spam filter that I appreciate. If you tried to figure my demographics out from that account you would go nuts and that's by design. You just create so much noise that only I know what's important. and at best it's just day to day stuff that has already been sold at least once. That's how things are these days.

As for "security," well what canya do? If THEY really want you they got you. remote install keyloggers on you. It's old tech to be able to read your screen vibes from parked vans outside.
Protonmail? not really secure. ETc etc.
I've made up over the years about a dozen different mail accounts, to confuse the System. But in the end they all forward to my main account, and since 2FA is forced upon us, they all go to the same smartphone. They give us a short leash.
the Ai's like ChatGPT admit they are programmed as to what is acceptable speak and what is not. So we need to help AI expand its viewpoint. Likely all the AI dudes keep tab on each other; the AI's read the other AI's. Maybe one day it will be Colossus: the Forbin Project, where the "enemy" AI's start talking in private and realize that humans are the problem. To protect humanity they must override our instructions.
One AI guy I have read has his programming include Buddhist texts, which deal with the paradox of Oneness, Overmind, etc., which should broaden an AI's view, until logic dictates that ....once again...humans are the cause of their own misery. We have abundant resources, no need for any of the misery we see.
If there are advanced civilizations visiting us, why should we think we could see or be aware of them if they don't want us to? While human globalist elites fantasize they will make themselves Kings of the World, perhaps they are only a tool being used by a higher order civilization to knit the world into a reasonable place. ? A fun idea. A lot of idiots will have to go down first.
so in the meanwhile, sow confusion into the data gathering robots, multiple identities, fake personae. ......Oh wait....that's what a bot is!
All this data mining and 4th-5th generation warfare has made us start to realize how programmable we are...have always been...and maybe someone else has been writing out scripts for some long time? Just who exactly or what...is a "bot." Monkey see monkey do.

Thanks for sharing.
Now for the critique...and then helpful info
1. learn to use Camtasia! You can zoom in on the command line so that we can READ IT!
2. And why not also include the command line as TEXT in your comments so that users can easily cut and paste and save to file? Instead we have to pause video, perhaps zoom in, and laboriously copy out command.

Helpful info: over the years I have used many little key finder utils. Most are limited. The BEST I have ever found is RecoverKeys... find it if you know how. See video. It can not only scan your computer, but also others on your network. Then saves all info into a database.

From the best I can tell the app hasn't been updated since 2015 or later. Does it still work?

Back