• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

sophia97

Jun 3, 2021
When I try to down load a free app from windows store app, I get you are not connected to the internet error code 0x8007040f and it asks for my feedback but I cannot send to windows with same error message, son sms gratuit

I have run the windows trouble shooter for windows store but no help
looking for help and so far the search looks have not given me a solution that works
sonnerie telephone
appreciate any help

Last edited:
Couple of things:
1. Did you have some VPN software installed at some point? Some leftovers (protocols) can cause this. Check apps and see if any of those are lurking, if so uninstall them.
2. When all else fails remove whatever ethernet hardware (wired or wireless) via the device manager, restart and let windows reinstall the hardware. This will create a fresh slate of connections and generate a new Winsock.
If you do both I am positive your problems will vanish. VPNs or some malware/adware that mess with your Winsock causes troubles like yours.

When I try to down load a free app from windows store app, I get you are not connected to the internet error code 0x8007040f and it asks for my feedback but I cannot send to windows with same error message,

I have run the windows trouble shooter for windows store but no help
looking for help and so far the search looks have not given me a solution that works

appreciate any help
You can try those things to re-connect your internet-

Restart your device: This might sound a bit too obvious, but the first thing you should do is restart your device.
Visit a few different websites:
If a website you’re visiting doesn’t load, go to another website. Does it load up properly? That means the original website you went to could be down for all visitors.
Force open the network’s login page (for public Wi-Fi): Hotels, airports, and cafes often provide free internet—usually, all you have to do is open your browser and sign onto the public Wi-Fi network through a login screen
Pay your internet bill: Your internet could be down simply because you forgot to pay your bill—that may sound a little too obvious, but it happens!
Get fiber internet: Fiber internet is by far the fastest and most reliable internet you can get. So if you can get a fiber internet package for your home, we highly recommend you go for it, since it will vastly reduce the chance of annoying Wi-Fi slowdowns and service outages that are more common on other internet connection types.

You can also do-
  • Troubleshooting routers and modems
  • Test your Wi-Fi on different devices
  • Restart your modem and router
  • Reset your router to default settings
  • Try a different Ethernet cable
  • See who’s using your Wi-Fi
  • Upgrade your equipment
  • Call your internet service provider
  • Clear your DNS cache
  • Scan for viruses and malware
  • Switch off your antivirus software
  • Make sure you have a working IP address
We also suggest that you check if there are any pending updates on your device.

Back