• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

You must upgrade/update your system to install the product.

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Grumpy Cat

Aug 30, 2020
Hello, Forum. I am new here. If I am asking about something already discussed, then accept my apologies. At least I did try to find some discussion.

I am using Win 8.1 which I have been tweaking and tuning for years. I am happy with it and I was hoping never having to upgrade downgrade to Win 10.

But now I can't upgrade Photoshop and InDesign anymore. The Setup applications says:

Upgrade needed. You ust upgrade/update your system to install the product. Please check the following:
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 10 or later (Note: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 version 1507 and Windows 10 version 1511 are not supported).
(Error Code: 195).

I understand that there is similar requirement for MS Office 2019. While I couln't care less about Office, I fear that other software will be following suit.

Is there ANY workaround for this or has my beloved 8.1 become obsolete?

Grumpy.

Hello, Forum. I am new here. If I am asking about something already discussed, then accept my apologies. At least I did try to find some discussion.

I am using Win 8.1 which I have been tweaking and tuning for years. I am happy with it and I was hoping never having to upgrade downgrade to Win 10.

Is there ANY workaround for this or has my beloved 8.1 become obsolete?

Grumpy.
Holy cow! I never thought I would read those words. Beloved Windows 8.1? I have to tell you Grumpy I liken that O/S to self-flagellation. Hey to each their own. You must have tweaked the heck out of it.
I am not really aware of any things common to only those OS. and why Adobe would OK an upgrade for systems running Windows 7 SP1 and Win 10 post 1507 puzzles me other than Win 7 ESU is kinda still current in a way. That whole ESU thing is worthy of another thread.
Those two programs are about all Adobe has left that are truly unique so maybe it has something to do with trying to keep those programs on legit systems and technically only those two OS are current in the Windows family?
Adobe has been circling the wagons in trying to keep pirated versions to a minimum. Perhaps some genius came to that conclusion. If I hear anything different I will post it. Right now I am just guessing based on what I know.

You must have tweaked the heck out of it.
I sure did. It was unusable out of the box.
You must have tweaked the heck out of it.
Adobe has been circling the wagons in trying to keep pirated versions to a minimum. Perhaps some genius came to that conclusion.
Might be. Unless Win 7 SP1 lest application make use of some vital modern methods that 8.* and older 10 are unable to. Still, one would expect that to set hardware requirements, not OS requirement.
Therefore, it might solve the proble if those be Adobe rejected Windows version could impose as a different OS. I have been searching for such tweaks, but without luck.

Hello there,

It is safe to move on to Windows 10 right now. Windows 10 started really bad and had an awful reputation at the beginning. But right now with the version 2004 is actually in a pretty good spot.

I would recommend a clean install though.

P.S: "Beloved 8.1" you must feel very unique :D

Well I'll be. You know sometimes the solution is so darn easy but that's not how my mind works.
Check out this video:
Just substitute the Photoshop or InDesign exe for the Premier exe in the video.
It's so simple I could kick myself. Give it a try and head back if you are still have trouble. If you tweaked 8.1 to your liking (God bless you) than this should be like child's play.
Freakin compatibility settings, who knew?

Magnificent, DVDR_Dog, thank you!

(th3m: after ditching the shell and all 'metro apps' 8.1 is actually very good)

Back