• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

0x800b010a A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Buster Friendly

May 5, 2022
Again, an awkward error....

I have an older ProX terminal/panel PC, running on Win7 LTSC...I have to update the security KBs.... but...

How to find the exact package of root certificates? I tried alot, most KBs that the offered while googling didn't work. Either they weren't accepted or already installed.

I installed some root certificates, too, but it didn't work.

Please, when u answer - don't offer "use that tool", I don't want that, I can't work with that.

Some pro any idea?
It would be nicely helpful.

This powershell command will list all your root certificates. Hope this helps.

Code:
dir Cert:\CurrentUser\AuthRoot

This powershell command will list all your root certificates. Hope this helps.

Code:
dir Cert:\CurrentUser\AuthRoot
well, actually no, not really.

It doesn't tell me what certificate is missing.
if it would be that simple, I wouldnt have opened such a thread

well, actually no, not really.

It doesn't tell me what certificate is missing.
if it would be that simple, I wouldnt have opened such a thread
I didn't understand what you trying to do. Are you trying to use ssl under https?

It's a bug in the security certs in Windows updates. It's a random problem that presents itself when updates aren't installed in he same sequence that they were issued. That KB touches on the problem. Unfortunately Microsoft doesn't have a solution other than installing that KB sometimes helps. You may have to start over and update in the order they were issued.

It's a bug in the security certs in Windows updates. It's a random problem that presents itself when updates aren't installed in he same sequence that they were issued. That KB touches on the problem. Unfortunately Microsoft doesn't have a solution other than installing that KB sometimes helps. You may have to start over and update in the order they were issued.
well, besides there is NO list for Win7 LTSC to look after, that doesnt help at all.

Last edited:
Well... it's NOT solved on that system I work onto.

The KBs are already installed and I have the same error.

MicrosoftRootCertificateAuthority2011.cer => didn't work

:rolleyes: :mad:

System reset. Even Microsoft doesn't have a working solution if that KB doesn't work. The updates should be installed in the order they were issued according to Microsoft.

System reset. Even Microsoft doesn't have a working solution if that KB doesn't work. The updates should be installed in the order they were issued according to Microsoft.
a) a System reset is not possible.
b) there is no order and you never can update like this with LTSC machines
c) this won't solve the certificate problem

Hi I have this exact same problem. Could someone please give me the "list in order of updates" for KB or whatever is being proposed as a solution.

This is a new build, I am taking this ISO en_windows_7_enterprise_x86_dvd_x15-70745 and creating a windows 7 VM. (HyperV on a windows 10 machine)

I try to install 4474419 and 4490628 before I do anything else and it says WINDOWS UPDATE STANDALONE INSTALLER THE UPDATE IS NOT APPLICABLE TO YOUR COMPUTER.

The 2011 certificate also does not work.

I am willing to be the guinea pig here, I know 70745 is only SP1 and I want SP2, AKA 5011649 I want this updated to the max but I can't install any KB that I try.

Please tell me what KB and in what order to install after using the 70745 ISO. I am open to using other ISO if you suggest but it has to be 32 bit.

Hi I have this exact same problem. Could someone please give me the "list in order of updates" for KB or whatever is being proposed as a solution.

This is a new build, I am taking this ISO en_windows_7_enterprise_x86_dvd_x15-70745 and creating a windows 7 VM. (HyperV on a windows 10 machine)

I try to install 4474419 and 4490628 before I do anything else and it says WINDOWS UPDATE STANDALONE INSTALLER THE UPDATE IS NOT APPLICABLE TO YOUR COMPUTER.

The 2011 certificate also does not work.

I am willing to be the guinea pig here, I know 70745 is only SP1 and I want SP2, AKA 5011649 I want this updated to the max but I can't install any KB that I try.

Please tell me what KB and in what order to install after using the 70745 ISO. I am open to using other ISO if you suggest but it has to be 32 bit.
forget it with Windows 7. At some point, the updates won't really work, it will give a rollback.

why?

Windows 7 isn't supported anymore since 2020.

Back